Adding MP3's to an SL100

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
Is there a way other than MSS to load MP3's onto an SL100?

I have 2 computers at home, one with Windows XP Media Center Edition and the other has Vista Home Premium Edition.

The computer with XP will not recognize the Stiletto, however the one with Vista does when I try to use MSS.

When using MSS, the file transfer stops for some strange reason after only a few moments.

Windows Media Player in Vista will also try to "sync" with it, but everytime I try to transfer a file, it errors out.

I have Yes50! for my s50 and it works fine with Vista. Does anyone know of a program like this for the SL100?

:banghead:

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
MSS takes a LONG time to transfer MP3s. you have to be patient. I believe windows media player recognizes the stiletto, but i haven't tried

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
MSS takes a LONG time to transfer MP3s. you have to be patient. I believe windows media player recognizes the stiletto, but i haven't tried

I have waited a long time for MSS to put the songs I want on the SL100. It sits there and hangs for what seems like forever on the very first song. The progress bar never gets past the first bar on the screen. The songs I am placing on the SL100 are .mp3 formatted, so MSS should work perfectly.

The thing is that with Vista, you can't downgrade to WMP 10. I have tried that as a possible solution and it won't let me do it, because Microsoft is fucking stupid at times. :mad:

Thats why I was wondering if there was another program to put files on it.

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
I haven't been able to get it to work w/ windows media player. You need to use MSS. Have you tried un-installing and re-installing MSS on the comp that doesn't work. I would do that, but download it off of sirius website instead of using your install CD. Give it a shot and see what happens.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
I haven't been able to get it to work w/ windows media player. You need to use MSS. Have you tried un-installing and re-installing MSS on the comp that doesn't work. I would do that, but download it off of sirius website instead of using your install CD. Give it a shot and see what happens.

I have tried to uninstall/reinstall MSS from the Sirius Website on the XP Computer, and it will not recognize it due to Media Center Edition.

It can't hurt to try again, though!

Thanks, Matt :)

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
I have xp on my comp here at work. I have been trying to replicate this problem you are having but I can't do it. It continues to work every time.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
I have xp on my comp here at work. I have been trying to replicate this problem you are having but I can't do it. It continues to work every time.

Are you using an SL2 or an SL100 when you do this? Also, are you using XP Home Edition or XP Media Center Edition, like I have? The difference with Media Center Edition is that it is Vista Compatible.

My old computer that died had regular XP Home and it worked perfectly then, but on this version of XP, it doesnt work at all.

I am going to try to uninstall/reinstall MSS from the Sirius Website when I get home from work and I will let you know what happens with it. Hopefully I get the same results.

Just in case you're wondering, I have WMP10 on my XP computer.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
I am on regular XP for business. I can't replicate your problem. :(
I hope you get some better results when you get home.

I got home, used the computer with XP, and uninstalled/reinstalled MSS 1.6 from the website and it worked! I was absolutely amazed at this, but confused at the same time, as the old version 1.6 wouldn't work. :confused:

The important thing is that it works now and we are good to go. A big thank you to everyone who helped me out in this thread!

:bigclap: