Adam Corolla on 101

JKoffler44

Oct 20, 2008
I know it is a stretch, but last month Howard mentioned an new show coming soon to 101.
Today was Adam's last show because the station is flipping formats. Adam said today that he has known about this since December. Before the show was over he said he will continue to do Podcasts on his own until something else comes up. Then later he mentions satellite radio as somewhere people will have to go to hear FM talk radio guys.
Any chance on him coming to SiriusXM? I figure not because of money problems, but maybe?

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
Well if he's doing a free podcast, the money Sirius XM would be able to pay him may not be that big of an issue. As far as this being the new show Howard mentioned, I doubt there was that much advance notice of KLSX's format flip and Adam being out of his radio gig. I think he was referring to something else.

If not on 101, Adam could fit in well on a channel like 108. I like Adam and it would be cool to have him on Sirius.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
It's funny. I just started listening to his show via iTunes about 3 weeks ago and now he's off the air.

JKoffler44

Oct 20, 2008
It's funny. I just started listening to his show via iTunes about 3 weeks ago and now he's off the air.

I just started the last week of January and was really starting to dig it. I don't care for the news portion though.
Also, Adam did say he knew this was happening back in December. Howard mentioned the new show in January.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
It seemed to me that Howard was talking more like a new show to be in the mix of the specialty shows. The $0 to 400 wack-pack type shows. I never got the impression they were planning anything substantial.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Adam mentioned today that he would be doing a show for a little while, a podcast just so that his fans can hear "his drunken ramblings". He also mentioned that he has an offer to do television and that if that happens he would be bringing over key staff members to be part of that show.

He also mentioned that he gets paid by his former employer through December, so who knows how long it will be until he lands somewhere else. I know Adam will find work, I just hope to hell he's able to keep Bald Bryan in the process, the kid is a genius.

k9feces

Oct 20, 2008
Put Corolla on at 3pm and move Bubba to Midnight, Howard's channels should have an overnight show.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Put Corolla on at 3pm and move Bubba to Midnight, Howard's channels should have an overnight show.

But it shouldn't be Bubba. Carolla is the new boy, he gets the shit shift.

Be interesting to see if they do bring him over. Personally, I'd like to see an another morning show on 101. Even if it's just from 6-9, having something there before the west coast feed would be nice for vacations and during segments I don't think are particularly interesting (Joan Rivers, the Clemens steroid guy, etc).

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008

Then you'd have to move Greg 'Fitzy' Fitzsimmons. He's my favorite dude on the channel!

Here's something, take out the west-coast feed. If you have a channel that replays the damn show all day anyways, why do you need a feed for the west coast? :scratch:

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Then you'd have to move Greg 'Fitzy' Fitzsimmons. He's my favorite dude on the channel!

Here's something, take out the west-coast feed. If you have a channel that replays the damn show all day anyways, why do you need a feed for the west coast? :scratch:

Don't mess with the West Coast feed pal :mad:
I think that changing the West Coast feed is out of the question from the Stern staff and management. It's pretty established. I'm in Central time and for the most part unless I'm up at 5am I'm catching the West Coast feed.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008

Cuz Carolla's ratings warrant him getting the better shift? :idunno: If anything, its a sports show that's out of place on Howard's channels...

Howard's channels are already pulling their weight. Packing more into them doesn't make a lot of financial sense. Put him on in place of Martha or Jaime Foxx

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Places we could put Corolla:

Howard 101: Unless he was morning shift, as in 6AM or at midnight (moving Fitzy and the other shows to another time). Either way, he's on the graveyard shift.

Sirius XM Stars Too: How about here? Give it a new name, give it a logo, and put a few other people on there, keeping the guys they have on there now. That way Corolla is the main personality, and not shuffled to the graveyard.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
But it shouldn't be Bubba. Carolla is the new boy, he gets the shit shift.

I know that Bubba has his marks and I wouldn't want to put him on the graveyard shift if Adam were to come to satellite, but Bubba's show is a replay of a terrestrial radio show that already played earlier in the day, what difference would it make if it were played a little bit later?

My belief is that Adam wouldn't mind doing a show in the afternoon(West Coast time), which could mean Ferrell's spot would be more in line with what time Adam would be going live. He could take Bubba's spot, but who knows?

There's nothing to go on at this point, so whatever will be will be.

I would suggest to those interested that Adam will be doing a podcast come Monday. This means no censorship, no regulated format, just the Aceman shooting from the hip complaining about red turn arrows and Ranchero music and quite possibly his last employer. The drawback being that he won't have Bald Bryan to bounce off of and to be there with the perfect sound drop at just the right time.

I don't have a link worked out as yet for the podcast, but there might be something coming up on Adamcarolla.com or through his Unofficial message board.

If he does come to satellite this year, these podcasts would provide a great primer for what would be to come.

Also...you should download his last show, it's on iTunes and you can get it for free.

Good times....:clap:

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Yeah I like that idea. Bump the Bubba repeat to later in the day since it is a repeat and have Adam live in Bubba's old repeat spot.
That would be ideal like it has been mentioned Bubba is a repeat it doesn't matter when it's played. Keep his Friday Sirius live show from 10-2.
I'd love to have something like that happen. I'm doubtful it will though.

Also, I am a Bubba mark but having something live and uncensored 3-7 again would be awesome. I could just catch the Bubba repeat whenever its on. After all it's already a tapped show. It'd actually give them more time to edit out some censored things if it was on later.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
Sirius XM Stars Too: How about here? Give it a new name, give it a logo, and put a few other people on there, keeping the guys they have on there now. That way Corolla is the main personality, and not shuffled to the graveyard.
This is what I've been saying for a while. That station needs an identity. Hell they could put Bubba on live, put Adam on there, and leave Jay and Covino and Rich and they'd have a good lineup for the "male oriented" hot talk channel they want it to be.