Accessing iPhone files on a PC. PS - F*CK APPLE.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Let me start by saying sorry because I'm sure this is in the wrong forum, but I HATE APPLE like you don't know. I hate their products with a passion and so when I plugged in my wife's iphone to my PC (windows 7) and can't see any files I popped. Any help would be appreciated. I have a wife and 2 kids who use apple so I'm stuck with their BS, but I fricking hate them and would NEVER buy any of their crap for myself. How the hell do people put up with the propitiatory crap that they play? My android? Now problem. All Apple does is try to force you into their stupid shiate.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
I need to get all the files off my wife's phone because it's maxed out. Best I can see is that they want me to use itunes. It's manly just the last year of my son's pics.

What TYPE of files? Music? Pic's? Other? Are you jailbroken hopefully?

*Ahh pic's. Are you Mac or PC? Just connect iphone to PC and browse to "Computer"..........double click on iphone and keep clicking until you get to DCIM folder. All your pic's will be there. Drag and drop or Cut/Paste your pic's.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I agree with the pain in the arse of it all. Dropbox is the easiest way to deal with it. A stupid extra step in my opinion, but it does the job. You get used to it.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
When I have pics it always shows up as a device on my PC. I copy files manually. I also use Dropbox to share with my wife.

I have iTunes installed which also includes whatever drivers are required for this. But I don't use it to copy the files.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk - now Free

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
What TYPE of files? Music? Pic's? Other? Are you jailbroken hopefully?

*Ahh pic's. Are you Mac or PC? Just connect iphone to PC and browse to "Computer"..........double click on iphone and keep clicking until you get to DCIM folder. All your pic's will be there. Drag and drop or Cut/Paste your pic's.

Yea, we eventually got it working. Pain in the butt though compared to using PCs.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
I friggin HATE HATE the fact that I can't just dump a file on my iphone (mp3, picture, whatever). I hate using iTunes for that. the cheapest dumbest phones I have ever used can just connect to the computer and I can drop whatever files I want onto it.

/rant

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I friggin HATE HATE the fact that I can't just dump a file on my iphone (mp3, picture, whatever). I hate using iTunes for that. the cheapest dumbest phones I have ever used can just connect to the computer and I can drop whatever files I want onto it.

/rant

I think you can thank the RIAA for the mp3 restrictions but you don't need iTunes for pictures.

ETA: just realized you were talking about downloading so never mind. But I don't mind syncing myself.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk - now Free

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I despise iTunes. Apple makes enemies every time it launches on Windows.

But life is too short to let a dead man give me agita. Breathe deeply and relax completely.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
I despise iTunes. Apple makes enemies every time it launches on Windows.

But life is too short to let a dead man give me agita. Breathe deeply and relax completely.

Itunes is made for suckers. Takes extra work, but I can get just about everything they provide of the same price without letting apple rule my life.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
Disk Aid let you treat a iOS device like a hard drive.

I don't want to use ANOTHER program when I already have windows explorer on my computer. I should be able to open windows explorer, go to my iphone, and drop stuff on it. it really should be that simple...

This was my first smartphone purchase and you can guarantee I will NOT be getting another iphone.

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
Thread closing in 5...4...3...2...
lock.gif

:D:p