Abba Radio

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Yeah, ABBA Radio is back for an encore. :banghead:

"Sirius XM Radio Inc. is bringing back ABBA Radio (again), but this time just a short encore return.

ABBA Radio will re-return starting tomorrow, December 12th at 6pm ET and will run for a 9-day limited engagement through Saturday, December 20th at 11:59 pm ET.

For the channel re-launch, ABBA's own Benny Andersson sat down for a new interview with ABBA expert and music journalist Fred Bronson.

Fans will hear Andersson describe the headline-making moment when the four members of ABBA made their appearance at the premiere of MAMMA MIA! The Movie in Stockholm. He'll also discuss his cameo in the movie with Björn Ulvaeus as well as his opinion of Meryl Streep's singing performance.

ABBA Radio will broadcast on Sirius channel 3 - and for the first time - on XM channel 31. "

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Jesus I am sick of these single artist channels but with Sirius's stock in the shitter they will stay. Personally I hope they do a rotating channel or use a unneeded channel for these.:mad:

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
I would love to know how much coin SIRIUSXM receives doing these type of channel formats.

Well this one is a blatant promotion of the movie, so I owuild think a they are definately getting some money out of it. With AC/DC, considering an album like that is already out and doesn't need much of a push, I don't get it. Led Zeppelin has nothing new out...so what's up with that?

AZJoe

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Well this one is a blatant promotion of the movie, so I owuild think a they are definately getting some money out of it. With AC/DC, considering an album like that is already out and doesn't need much of a push, I don't get it. Led Zeppelin has nothing new out...so what's up with that?

Robert Plant owns Sirius XM stock?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

AC/DC was put on right before the album release. Led Zepplin was put on early next year on XM and pulled in March with a promise it would come back later this year. They are probably fullfilling the initial terms of the contract.

siriusdude

Nov 19, 2008
I would love to know how much coin SIRIUSXM receives doing these type of channel formats.

I too would love to no how much money they are getting for running ABBA Radio. I hate it because they took one of my favorite channels away.

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
ABBAs music sounds terribly dated today. At least Elvis, Led Zep, Springsteen, and the Dead have timeless stuff (though they still don't need their own channels, except for Elvis). Elvis is still the KING, and he has SO MUCH material, more than enough to carry his own channel! You definitely can't say that about ABBA!

TimTimSalabim

Oct 17, 2008
ABBAs music sounds terribly dated today. At least Elvis, Led Zep, Springsteen, and the Dead have timeless stuff (though they still don't need their own channels, except for Elvis). Elvis is still the KING, and he has SO MUCH material, more than enough to carry his own channel! You definitely can't say that about ABBA!

I could not disagree more. Abba music is timeless.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Indeed it is. ABBA is huge all over the world except in the United States.

I remember it was 1999 and I was traveling to Italy. I went into an HMV (a famous UK music store) in England's airport and the number one album was "Abba Gold". Meanwhile, it was released in 1992, I believe. Maybe it was some rerelease. Anyway, it was a huge at the time. In comparison to most of Europe, in the US, their success was (and is) very limited.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

Elvis and the Dead are as dated as Abba. None of the above deserve a channel.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Elvis and the Dead are as dated as Abba. None of the above deserve a channel.

Clearly you don't listen to the Elvis channel. They keep that channel pretty fresh in terms of the music, special programs etc.

When one is a legend in his own right, his music never becomes dated as such!

Lets just call the kettle black here, you don't like Elvis so you don't think he deserves a channel. But I think many see that very differently. Sirius XM gets exposure to potential subs every time Graceland is visited and there are millions that go through there every year. I'd love to know how many subs have been sold due to this arrangement.

You will get no argument from me about Greateful dead for one simply reason I don't much care for them.

I don't think Bruce Springsteen deserves a channel either, for one simple fact, the man can't fucking sing. If he was a new artist today, he'd be a big ass flop! He sucks!

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I secretly switched my student/co-driver's Classic Rewind with The ABBA Channel while I went to sleep & he started driving today. Let's find out how long he kept the radio on before turning it off, since he doesn't know how to work a satellite radio...
Posted via Mobile Device

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I secretly switched my student/co-driver's Classic Rewind with The ABBA Channel while I went to sleep & he started driving today. Let's find out how long he kept the radio on before turning it off, since he doesn't know how to work a satellite radio...
Posted via Mobile Device

This sounds like one of those Coffee commericals where they secretly switch so-and-so's Brand X coffee with Brand Y.