Aaron's 499 Thoughts / Predictions

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Who's going to win this one?

Qualifying on Saturday this week. (Impound race)

46 teams vying for 43 spots. (Still no short fields)

Any guess on how many times that FOX mentions 'The Big One'?

Will the 'Yellow Line' rule be a big story this time?

Weather sounds great for this weekend.

Are you going?

Are you already there?

My pick is Tony Stewart. He's been so close most weeks. This is his week.

Jr. is in desperate need of a good finish.

It'd be great to see Mark Martin make it two in a row.

Jeff Gordon is probably the safest pick for your fantasy team this week.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
That isn't going to happen now that we have the double yellow line. While it wasn't so clear before, we now have the double yellow line which further emphasizes that passing isn't allowed. :rolleyes: Isn't that somewhat of an oxymoron or a contradiction to have a rule in racing that forbids you from passing? That's kind of like deafening silence.

brett1963

Oct 30, 2008
Cincinnati
Eric McClure Makes the show and gets a Top 15 is my prediction!!!!!

Happy to see good ol MMM boys back at it if for only one race. The car is a bit heavy, hopefully they'll get her tuned up.

It is a cool paint scheme

100_1219.jpg

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I see #14, and Jr. better not let me down! Lots of dark horses too since anybody can get to the top 10 in Dega:buttrock:

Tony Stewart 1
Dale Earnhardt Jr. 2
Brian Vickers 3
Jeff Gordon 4
Matt Kenseth 5
Jimmie Johnson 6
Clint Bowyer 7
Martin Truex Jr. 8
Mark Martin 9
Kyle Busch 10
Ryan Newman 11
A.J. Allmendinger 12

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I wonder if second place is gonna be awarded the win this year......

Depends.....on well, you know....it's a judgment call. :rolleyes:

If it were me though....I wouldn't go below the line no matter if it took out me and 2/3rds of the field.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Are you going?

Are you already there?

I'm working this weekend...and I'm not bothered by missing the "race". I can't recall the last time I really watched a 'dega race. I just catch the highlights on the 'net.

Jr. is in desperate need of a good finish.

How about.."Jr. is in desperate need". Like....ANYTHING.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
I'm working this weekend...and I'm not bothered by missing the "race". I can't recall the last time I really watched a 'dega race.

Dega is kinda my home track (3 hours or so), so Im a little biased. But IMO, Dega is best viewed in person! I can see where some would think its boring on TV, but the feel and roar of 200mph going by is completely UNexplainable!!:scared: I LOVE IT!!!!:buttrock:

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
I won't be there, but hopefully my load will allow me to stop and catch it on Raceview...if not good ol Sirius will be just fine. My Picks:

Jr....Tony and the team need it.
Gordon....my main man
Martin...wouldn't that be cool.

Darkhorse....love to see "The Franchise" win.

mccastle

Oct 24, 2008
South Louisiana
I will be there and I am camping.

Praying for Tony to win but would like to see Jr win so I can experience the mayham the errupts from him winning. And no I will not be doing the chicken dance :Smiley_wink:

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
Knock it back to 45 teams, the Larry Gunselman #64 has withdrawn. Now if you need some hotel rooms close to the track...call Larry.

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
Dega is kinda my home track (3 hours or so), so Im a little biased. But IMO, Dega is best viewed in person! I can see where some would think its boring on TV, but the feel and roar of 200mph going by is completely UNexplainable!!:scared: I LOVE IT!!!!:buttrock:

I LOVE this race and I don't think it's boring to watch on TV. I always look forward to this race, of course in person, everything is better!!!:p

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
IMO there's very little 'down time' in this race which makes it very exciting from start to finish. Heck, for those of us that hate not being able to see what is going on towards the back of the pack....... We don't have to worry about that here. Fox doesn't have a choice. They have to cover the entire field since their all running in one pack most of the day. The last 30 laps are usually great here.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
What year was it when the whole field became a straight line and it went for several laps? Was it '07? I thought that was funny.

Anywho, I'll be listening to the NFL draft this weekend. But I will have nascar.com's page up to see who's doing what.