A *real* alternative to Nero?

HCLogo

Dec 28, 2008
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Is there a real alternative to Nero? All of the suggestions I've found online don't even come close to the functionality of Nero. I don't require 99% of the junk included with the full package, but I do need the ability to author dvd's from .avi (or other formats) as well as audio cd's if possible.

Anyone have a real alternative or am I stuck having to use Nero?

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I don't like Nero. It's slow and clunky, and seems to get slower and clunkier with each new version. I just can't find anything else that provides the same DVD authoring capabilities.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I have found that Nero now includes a lot of crap no doubt about it, but I don't load most of that crap. I load the burner software and that is pretty much all. I've tried others, but usually I've ended up with failed burns and wasted CD or DVD's. Rarely has Nero failed me and when only loading the burner software I find it very responsive and fast.

What I wish is that you could buy a version without all the crap. Just give me the option for just the burner software and I'd be happy. Which appears to be the OP complaint. I agree!

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
I don't like Nero. It's slow and clunky, and seems to get slower and clunkier with each new version. I just can't find anything else that provides the same DVD authoring capabilities.

Totally agree. I loved it a few years ago, but now it's basically Roxio (adaptec back then, man how time flies :)) with a different name.