A note about this section

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I just want to remind those in this site that it's not cool or allowed to make personal attacks on others. I'm not going to highlight any individuals or play a game of pointing out specific posters.

So this is just a reminder not to get into personal attacks. If or when it happens again we will have to re-evaluate how to handle it. I just think right now this reminder will help. I really like all of the people in this forum and think it's quite possible for all to get along.

:peace:

Reactions: semipenguin

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
81706peaceloveft9.jpg

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
I just want to remind those in this site that it's not cool or allowed to make personal attacks on others. I'm not going to highlight any individuals or play a game of pointing out specific posters.

So this is just a reminder not to get into personal attacks. If or when it happens again we will have to re-evaluate how to handle it. I just think right now this reminder will help. I really like all of the people in this forum and think it's quite possible for all to get along.

I think you guys just need to enforce the rules. Frankly, a reminder has already been given; MM laid the law down a few weeks ago. His message was pretty simple: no personal attacks, and if you don't like the thread topic, stay out. Everyone got the hint, except one poster, who continues to be the source of a disproportionate amount of discord here. If vortexes get started, its because it seems like the rules aren't being enforced, which leaves members feeling like they need to fend for themselves. I think you NEED to point out specific posters, because by not doing so, you allow for the wiggle room that leads to flames.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
I think you guys just need to enforce the rules. Frankly, a reminder has already been given; MM laid the law down a few weeks ago. His message was pretty simple: no personal attacks, and if you don't like the thread topic, stay out. Everyone got the hint, except one poster, who continues to be the source of a disproportionate amount of discord here. If vortexes get started, its because it seems like the rules aren't being enforced, which leaves members feeling like they need to fend for themselves. I think you NEED to point out specific posters, because by not doing so, you allow for the wiggle room that leads to flames.

Agreed Forevernever. Some active policing certainly would help. Good thread TSSTaylor, thank you.

Last edited:

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV

Lets just hope this stays the same even though Howard is delivering below quality shows and Bubba well we have FM radio 4 days a week except Fridays. Lets just make sure this doesnt turn into XMFANpart2 ;)

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008

:yesshake::yesshake:

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
Here I am. :scared: I plan on being as active as needed without micromanaging.

I suggest ordering psychological profiles of all members then quitting immediately...it has gotten less cranky around here lately but suppressing whining is next to impossible...good luck. :worried:

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey

I like the tone of your post. I agree with the no personal attacks rules. Hope you don't have to enforce them.

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
What's wrong with personal attacks? You hear personal talks all day on this goddamn show. If someone saying something mean to you on the Internet hurts you then you need to wash your pussy.

Reactions: Jgatie

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
What's wrong with personal attacks? You hear personal talks all day on this goddamn show. If someone saying something mean to you on the Internet hurts you then you need to wash your pussy.

LOL... that's what I call putting your head on the block

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
LOL... that's what I call putting your head on the block
Oh no, I had an honest opinion that goes against what the majority believes. Sue me.

People love to hear retards and invalids get insulted on the show, like bababooey, but when they get the same treatment they cry to some moderator.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I have nothing against personal attacks either, but if we're going to allow it, let's just devote one specific thread to it. I don't think personal attacks genuinely offend anyone on here, but they tend to hijack threads and it becomes a battle of people trying to prove how smart they are. That's the problem...not that it offends people, but that it detracts from the Stern Show discussion.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Oh no, I had an honest opinion that goes against what the majority believes. Sue me.

People love to hear retards and invalids get insulted on the show, like bababooey, but when they get the same treatment they cry to some moderator.

hmm 2 posts, both in this thread complaining.
So......What's your real username?

Reactions: Bark

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I have nothing against personal attacks either, but if we're going to allow it, let's just devote one specific thread to it. I don't think personal attacks genuinely offend anyone on here, but they tend to hijack threads and it becomes a battle of people trying to prove how smart they are. That's the problem...not that it offends people, but that it detracts from the Stern Show discussion.

What a great idea... one thread devoted to personal attacks. If a poster wanted to attack someone who made a post in a non-attack thread... he could address the subject being discussed and then say "see my personal attack in the personal attack thread"

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
What a great idea... one thread devoted to personal attacks. If a poster wanted to attack someone who made a post in a non-attack thread... he could address the subject being discussed and then say "see my personal attack in the personal attack thread"

There's another forum that I visit where they have a "Take it outside" section. Whenever people get too personal, a mod will move the offending posts to that section. It works pretty well.