A note about this section

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
I think some people are a little too thin-skinned, especially for Stern Show fans. When people claim "personal attack" when someone posts a :loser: smiley, i mean, c'mon... Some people are looking for any reason to claim rules violation. It's very childish, IMO. Some seem to take a differing opinion as some sort of attack or thread derailment. If posting a .jpg is unnacceptable, then we better just shut down the internets.

There's going to be disagreement and some ball-busting. It shouldn't require a mod for every flare-up nor should it be necessary for some users to "remind" people of each rule violation. This is a good opportunity to show who the bigger man is...

What's the difference between posting a "loser" smiley face and calling someone a loser? Is the intended insult not clear? When you circumvent the rules like that, you know exactly what you're doing. For example, take the loaded post you just made insinuating that those of us who don't appreciate your giant, tired .jpgs and smileys are "thin-skinned", "childish", and that we need to be "bigger men". Do you think you're fooling anyone with that?

Believe me, I'd love to respond in kind. I don't like you. But the rules are the rules, and I'm going to respect them. I'd hope the mods will extend to me the same courtesy I'm trying to make for them by clamping down on any nonsense that violates their rules. If they're not going to do that, then why are they surprised when the board get sucked into the vortex? If there are no consequences, then why should we respect the rules (other than out of respect and appreciation for this forum, which some of us have, and some obviously do not).

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
So you're going to point fingers and tell everyone whose wrong? Step back and look at your own actions here, first.

Taylor called for it to end and you can't stop griping about me and jgatie. Let it go.

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
So you're going to point fingers and tell everyone whose wrong? Step back and look at your own actions here, first.

Taylor called for it to end and you can't stop griping about me and jgatie. Let it go.

Wha? How am I telling "everyone whose wrong"? My "actions" were to reply relevantly to your post and rebut your points about the supposed innocuousness of the .jpgs and insulting smileys you like to use to break the rules. "Can't stop griping about me"? Your entire post - which was made without provocation from me - was full of thinly-disguised swipes and insinuations. Even in a thread about bringing an end personal attacks, you still think you can get away with your back-handed schtick. "Let it go"? Great advice - too bad you can't seem to follow it, as you still won't let a thread or post you don't like go without trying to jack it.

And I haven't sent one pm to the mods about you or Jgatie since MM's thread, nor have I negative reped either of you since then. Why? Because your behavior is so blatant there's no need to bring it to their attention. You're not fooling anyone. But by all means, do keep it up.

DoublEE

Oct 11, 2008
South Euclid, Ohio
Okay guys I'm going to step in and tell everyone to knock it off. I think everyone got a chance to express their opinion and now we're at the point of rehashing and heading down the wrong path.

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
Okay guys I'm going to step in and tell everyone to knock it off. I think everyone got a chance to express their opinion and now we're at the point of rehashing and heading down the wrong path.

No problem. But instead of saying, "knock it off and get along", I do wish you guys would take note of who usually starts us off on this path, both in this thread and elsewhere. If you'd take tangible steps to dissuade individuals from laying the bricks, there'd be no path to begin with. With that, I won't post in this thread anymore.

DoublEE

Oct 11, 2008
South Euclid, Ohio
No problem. But instead of saying, "knock it off and get along", I do wish you guys would take note of who usually starts us off on this path, both in this thread and elsewhere. If you'd take tangible steps to dissuade individuals from laying the bricks, there'd be no path to begin with. With that, I won't post in this thread anymore.

Trust me I'm looking at every post. However, I'm not going to publicly share my decision processes. That will be handled off the board with the individuals. BTW, I'm not singling you out. I just picked your post to respond to because it was last.

Last edited:

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Peace and Love! Peace and Love!

[Ringo Voice]

Peace and Love. Peace and Love. I'm not signing anymore F***IN' BEATLES S***! LET IT GO, YOU MORONS AND GET A F***IN' LIFE! AND FOR THE RECORD, i ALWAYS THOUGH OUR MUSIC WAS S***TY ANYWAY, SO P*** OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[cough]

Peace and love. Peace and love.

[/Ringo Voice]

That's what I hear when that clip is played. :D

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I'm going to quote the great Rocky Balboa from Rocky 5. "If you can change and I can change. We all can change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Those are great words to live by. Now excuse me while I go shoot my Glock 30sf and let off some steam.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
I'm going to quote the great Rocky Balboa from Rocky 5. "If you can change and I can change. We all can change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Those are great words to live by. Now excuse me while I go shoot my Glock 30sf and let off some steam.

It's Rocky 4! And the quote is more like, "During this fight, I've seen a lot of changing, in the way you feel about me, and in the way I feel about you. In here, there were two guys killing each other, but I guess that's better than twenty million. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!" :smug: