A LA Carte could be avaliable on your current reciver

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Allowing programming from either Sirius or XM to be received by existing receivers, could open the door to Sirius subscribers gaining access to Major League Baseball, which until now meant buying a new XM receiver.

And its hardware which has been holding it up now?

A-la-carte was the dream of Kevin Martin and the FCC. Sirius has added their 1 a-la-carte receiver to satisfy this requirment. I suspect this will be the last you hear of this. I think the patent has more to do with putting commercials on commercial-free stations to non-paying subs.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
And its hardware which has been holding it up now?

A-la-carte was the dream of Kevin Martin and the FCC. Sirius has added their 1 a-la-carte receiver to satisfy this requirment. I suspect this will be the last you hear of this. I think the patent has more to do with putting commercials on commercial-free stations to non-paying subs.

Good point and this article I think has alot of bullshit in it.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Damn. I just posted this in the Sirius Radio forum.

Sirius doesn't want the ala-carte stuff. It probably costs Sirius the same amount to send out 125 channels to a radio as it would 65 channels. With that said, it probably makes more business sense for Sirius XM to push their "Everything" packages than any other package.