A host that just doesn't get it

Surburban890

Nov 18, 2009
I can't stand it any longer.
For Claire B Lang to be asked a simple question, she answers, No, he won't be running for Jr Motorsports next year, leads the caller to believe Brad will not be running all the Nationwide races next year, lets the caller talk on about Brad not running next year.
For her to be an INSIDER, just why the h**l doesn't she know he will be running full Nationwide and Cup races next year. He said it on SIRIUS for heavens sake!!!
I try and try to listen to her but she just doesn't get it.
She then goes on to the next caller and asks him to put it in a nutshell, running short on time, BUT then she jabbers on and on, promote the upcoming guest, and jabbers some more.
How she has a job is beyond me!
(well not really, who wants to piss off a media person who can paste your crap all over everywhere)

I hope Sirius has some big plans for new hosts for next year. I know of 4 that should be looking for a job.

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
I can't stand it any longer.
For Claire B Lang to be asked a simple question, she answers, No, he won't be running for Jr Motorsports next year, leads the caller to believe Brad will not be running all the Nationwide races next year, lets the caller talk on about Brad not running next year.
For her to be an INSIDER, just why the h**l doesn't she know he will be running full Nationwide and Cup races next year. He said it on SIRIUS for heavens sake!!!
I try and try to listen to her but she just doesn't get it.
She then goes on to the next caller and asks him to put it in a nutshell, running short on time, BUT then she jabbers on and on, promote the upcoming guest, and jabbers some more.
How she has a job is beyond me!
(well not really, who wants to piss off a media person who can paste your crap all over everywhere)

I hope Sirius has some big plans for new hosts for next year. I know of 4 that should be looking for a job.

A big AMEN brother!

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
First post, welcome aboard.

After reading the title i thought you were talking about either the guest host on Speedway today or Bagman. I heard the first hour of speedway, funny stuff. Maybe Sirius will "send the car around" and have CBL get in it and leave.

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
First post, welcome aboard.

After reading the title i thought you were talking about either the guest host on Speedway today or Bagman. I heard the first hour of speedway, funny stuff. Maybe Sirius will "send the car around" and have CBL get in it and leave.

I know the line "you can always change the channel" and I'm doing it more often than ever before.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I will say this....she REALLY....and I mean REALLY!.....pissed me off a few nights ago when a black man called in (well, he sounded like a black man) and he wanted to talk about some issues he had and she COMPLETELY cut him off and started in with "NO, NO, NO..." and did NOT let him finish. I think he said he had three issues he saw as to why so many fans feel let down or bored with nascar and she didn't let the man have his say.

Now he was not rude at all and was very polite but she was a total jerk IMO. And it was one time where I thought she was giving the "nascar line" to a caller. I give HIGH props to whoever that man was because he could have just said to hell with it and hung up....and I wouldn't have blamed him at all. But he stayed on and was very nice. Bravo to him.

CatDad 2004

Jul 7, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Were you really that surprised, mightx? There have been many such examples from her in the past.

If you closely examine the intelligence level of the callers to SNR, you will realize that it took a dip "post merger" when the CBL fans, the "Claireistas", began being part of the channel.

As to "sending the car around" to pick her up . . . I think that boat has passed. It should have happened quite a while ago.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Were you really that surprised, mightx? There have been many such examples from her in the past.

Well, she is still "new" to me and, yes, I was taken aback by how she just jumped on that caller like she did. I have not heard her do that before and even though she yaps alot I always thought she was pretty good with the callers. (WHEN she gets to them! :p )

CatDad 2004

Jul 7, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Well, she is still "new" to me and, yes, I was taken aback by how she just jumped on that caller like she did. I have not heard her do that before and even though she yaps alot I always thought she was pretty good with the callers. (WHEN she gets to them! :p )

Just about every host on every talk show (not just SNR, but issues/political talk as well) does that every now and again. I guess I dated myself by the previous note. XM did their version of NASCAR radio "on the cheap", IMO.

CBL was bad then. She's bad now. In all likelihood, she'll be bad in the future. She's not likely to "get a clue" in the forseeable future.

But you're SPOT ON with one point . . . wondering when she would get to a caller. Between telling us what we just heard, telling us what we're going to hear, repeating what somebody told her that we're going to hear in a moment, and finally going to break, it doesn't leave too much time for intelligent content, much less calls.

The sooner she's gone, the better. But like the Good Book says . . . "She'll be with us always." But I guess we can be hopeful.

Les2

Oct 26, 2008
Choc come to mind when I seen it.

CBL is another one I won't listen to. I'd still like to know how she kept her job thru this merger?

CatDad 2004

Jul 7, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Quite simple, Les. Prior to the merger, she managed to ink an iron-clad "Pay me or play me" contract. Deep in the language was obviously a clause making it binding on successors and assigns. Therefore, no cancellation was allowed in the merger. Since they had to pay her anyway, I guess the channel figured they might as well use her. Problem was, her old slot was more than adequately filled. That put her down to 7, ET.

Still, Les, your question is valid. I don't hold the contract against her. I would have done the same thing, had I been in the same position. IMO, however, the channel would have been better off simply paying her off, bringing the car around, and driving her off to the house.

Last edited:

Les2

Oct 26, 2008
I'd like to know, if there even is a possiblity, what her ratings are, if any?

You'd think after losing enough of the listeners they'd send her on her way!

Who knows, maybe we're the minority?

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I'd like to know, if there even is a possiblity, what her ratings are, if any?

Well, I listen because she usually has the best sound clips and interviews and gives out news. I just have to shut out all the other stuff. ;)

NoWayHozay

Jan 5, 2009
I had never heard CBL before the merger, gave it a shot. She is just plain unlistenable. I no longer listen to the pre- and post-race shows either. It's a damn shame.

I have also made the decision to stop listening to TMD. It adds nothing to my morning and is in general, very aggravating. And just to reiterate, this isn't a Pete problem, it's the whole show.

The main problem I have with 128 has is the callers and the hosts' abilities to guide a show rather than let it flounder about.

The guys on TMD don't seem to do any prep and just let the show wander around aimlessly for 4 hours. Neither host seem to be able to articulate a thoughtful opinion or hold an interesting dialogue with the other. It's just the same old Seinfeld rehash and off-topic jive every day.

Moody has some of the same problems in that he loses control of the show often and he doesn't really have a co-host to talk with. Although I noticed when he was gone, Suzy took a greater role with Yocum and Post and Jack A. It was refreshing to hear conversation again rather than just hearing Dave's monologues and the idiot callers.

Claire B needs to go and the other hosts (other than Alex Hayden and, I guess, Benjamin) need to learn how to prep and produce a real radio show.