A host that just doesn't get it

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
If anybody here is a hockey fan, i beg you to listen to Channel 122 or 97 from 4est to 7est time. It is one of the best radio shows I can remember ever listening to. Articulate, experienced, non-paid for hosts with guest who dont say the same thing every week and actually manage to have an opinion without the wrath of the sanctioning body coming down on them.

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
Back in the mid 70's I used to go watch the Indianapolis Racers, I can't remember the league, maybe the World Hockey League. Anyhow, one night during a timeout, I saw a guy come all the way down the aisle from the top row and dump a beer over the glass on to a referee's head. Another night I watched a woman pull a live chicken out of her purse and toss it over the glass onto the ice. Ahhh, the good old days.

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
Gee I seem to remember someone(ME) telling you all that CBL sucked. She kept her job because she threatened to sue and is an all around mean spirited person. I know for a FACT that among her co workers she is despised behind the scenes.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Gee I seem to remember someone(ME) telling you all that CBL sucked. She kept her job because she threatened to sue and is an all around mean spirited person. I know for a FACT that among her co workers she is despised behind the scenes.

:violin:

And there are still some that like the show. Maybe not on this board? It's still one of the most informative shows on NASCAR radio. She seems to have more access to the personalities in the garage than any other show on NASCAR radio. Flame away.....

cheese.gif

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I just think she needs a cohost. She does a great job getting interview but her interaction with callers is awful :worried:

I liked the old Dialed In with her & Tim Farley :)
Posted via Mobile Device

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I get a kick out of that commercial she does. There are SO many edits and at a couple places they even speed up her voice. :p

I liked the old Dialed In with her & Tim Farley

I never heard that...so what happened to Tim?

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I never heard that...so what happened to Tim?

Once Nascar left XM for Sirius back in 2007, Tim went on to do political talk on POTUS. Don't even know if he's still on SiriusXM. Would be nice to have him back in Nascar Radio :worried:

Send the car around :right:
Posted via Mobile Device

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
So was Tim able to get a word in with CBL? I can't imagine being a co-host with her.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
So was Tim able to get a word in with CBL? I can't imagine being a co-host with her.

Tim worked the show & callers. Claire added new & interviews. They both talked to callers & talked between themselves. Tim didn't say the same thing 5 different ways & then repeat the same thing when he put a caller on :shock:

I like CDL, but she draws everything out. She let's the callers talk & talk & talk & then she repeats what they say in the form of a question, then the caller talks & talks & talks.

She has a problem of not paying attention to the callers because she's multitasking. A cohost could handle the callers while she works on the news & interviews :)
Posted via Mobile Device

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Just because some of her co workers dont like her, doesnt mean other people in the organization dont. There are two sides to the story and I bet were only getting one side by someone who has beef.

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
well being I have a friend taht worked with her during the XM 144 nascar radio days and they host that replaced him when he left told me the same thing. Add in I know a couple current hosts that don't like her personally. They didn't want her when the merger happend but contractually didn't have a choice.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
If there was a lawsuit involved, or almost was, that leaves a bad taste in the mouth. If you sue your employer you better have another job lined up. :cool:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
A year or so after she came to SIRIUS and it's the same old argument. Someone, and you can count me in on this, someone out there likes her or should wouldn't be on. I keep hearing this lawsuit story, and until I actually see/read something on it, it's nothing more than someone posting something on a bulletin board. I find it hard to believe that SIRIUS is worried about a lawsuit from CBL. Post some facts on it or simply state it as the rumor it is. :blah:

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
DP it is a rumor that I have from a very RELIABLE source. Believe it or not it doesn't matter to me. The truth will come out. The reason that the other folks that work with her don't like her is because she is downright nasty to them ALL the time. If they complain about her her contratc won't be renewed. To be honest Moody or any other of the hosts has teh access and the contacts she has and can get and play the audio just as well as she does and can manage the call in part of the show just the same.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I don't know if this means anything but..... There was one time when they were on the air and she didn't know it and I thought she was a BIT ugly to whoever she was talking to. But that doesn't mean she's that way all the time so.....