A Disgrace on Octane

siriusdude

Nov 19, 2008
Since Sirius and XM merged I have noticed that the playlist on Octane has change. They have incorporated some msuice which they didn;y play before. A few of the artists I hear now are Staind, Alice in Chains, Ozzy Osbourne, Foo Fighters, etc. While I like some of these artists they have incorporated I am not happy they are on Octane.

When it was just a Sirius station Octane seemed to be a channel for new hard rock. I got to hear such bands as Pop Evil, Trapt, Theory of a Dead Man, Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, etc. I thought this channel was perfect the way it was. I don't know why somebody thought it needed to be tweaked.

Sadlly to my disgust, the tweaking of Octane has hit a new low. While listening on my way home I heard something I thought I would never hear on Octane, Daughtry. Once again I will say while I like some of Daughty's tunes, there is no way in hell he can be called hard rock. There is also no way he belongs on Octane. Daughtry should be played on stations like The Pulse or Sirius Hits one. What's next Maroon 5, David Cook and Snow Patrol. Seriously people.

So please for the love of God, stop trying to tweak this damn station and return it to what it was before the merger.

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
first off they played Staind before come on your lying to yourself if you think they didn't. I heard outside, its been awhile, and believe on there several times. Christ! I actually used to think it was a Staind channel because thats all I heard when flipping. I also heard 3 Doors down, Korn, and Kid Rock. To answer your other question Daughtry sells himself as rock, and guess what he also appears in a theory of a dead mans song, so there you go.

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
I honestly think some people never listened to these channels before the merger. My brother says the same damn thing about country stations. Oh they never played bla beffore, but I just don't see it in this case. Staind has always been on Octane. I am not trying to attack you, but I just think your blind if you think Staind hasn't been on Octane.

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
I love the new Octane! Sirius-only Octane's playlist was very shallow, more mainstream, and repetitive. The combined Sirius-XM Octane is great! It is a lot deeper playlists with not many repeats. I love it!

My only slight negative is that there is more of an alternative influence now...but I can tolerate it as I still don't mind it.

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
I agree with you there things like Green Day. That seems out of place. Shouldn't alternative go on alt nation?

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I like the new octane because they have opened the playlist alot , now some of the artists e.g. Green Day dont belong on there , but hey I can live with it.

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
Green Day and the like are showing up on Octane now because Octane replaced Squizz on XM, which billed itself as a hard alternative station.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
I agree with OP. I don't listen to any music on Sirius anymore. I'm strictly a Pandora/Slacker listener now. I use Sirius for Stern only, sad to say. Octane and Boombox WERE my 2 fav stations. After the merger both channels were ruined.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Yeah, I have noticed more Foo Fighters/green days etc on Octane, but it's still broader in the regular hard rock category also, so I'm not too upset. Better then the shallow stuff Octane played before the merge.

oncesir

Nov 12, 2008
stop trying to tweak this damn station and return it to what it was before the merger.

You're kidding right?? Pre Nov 12 Octane SUCKED!! Plainly described as one of the worst SATRAD channels. The old SBS forum had pages and pages of complaints. TONS of repeats and nothing but released music. I actually saw FM radio playlists that were more varied. Now its a watered-down version of what Squizz used to be. XM's programming was far better, even in its current state.

siriusdude

Nov 19, 2008
I guess I am one of the few who liked Octane before the merger. I actually thought it was a god station and has since been watered down. Somebody said Staind was played on Octane before the merger but I never heard him. I guess I was just lucky. That being said I still wish the format would go back to the way it was before the merger. If others had isuues with it that way I didn't.

Just my opinion.

oncesir

Nov 12, 2008
5-10 RATM songs daily, absolutely nothing but 1 or 2 songs in any particular artists catalog, and every 4 hours it was the same music. Its cheaper to own an IPOD. I cant believe that anyone would honestly pay money to hear the same that FM offers. Dont get me wrong the Octane that we hear today isnt what they say it is. Its not the same as Squizz. If you didnt hear Staind it was because they only played 1 or 2 of the songs that were the same as what was heard on FM. Honestly my local rock channel played music that Pre Nov12 Octane never touched. That my friend, is pathetic.

This just proves the point that the merger has screwed the REAL music lover and those that love the FM hits. The old SBS forum excuse for repeats used to be that you were listening too much. :2funny:

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I wonder why you guys liked the old one over this one , because the old one was worse then any CC station , and this isnt the squizz that Xmer's know , but this is a mix of both I think.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
As a lot of you may know, I loved Octane prior to the merge, got a little burnt out, and started writing to the PD's of Octane my dislike for all the repeats, and now, after hte merge, I am liking the new Octane, still too much of some of the same, but there is a good mix of new stuff and different bands.

Also, I like the XM DJ's, Bodhi and Grant Random.