80s on 8's Alan Hunter REFUSED my request

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
I called the 80s channel's request line and asked him to play "I Just Called To Say I Love You" by Stevie Wonder, and he said he couldn't do it. WHAT THE HELL?! That is a legitimate 80s hit. It's not like I asked him to play Britney Spears. Alan must be a major douchebag.

AZJoe

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I called the 80s channel's request line and asked him to play "I Just Called To Say I Love You" by Stevie Wonder, and he said he couldn't do it. WHAT THE HELL?! That is a legitimate 80s hit. It's not like I asked him to play Britney Spears. Alan must be a major douchebag.

How did you get a hold of Alan Hunter? He voice tracks his shows. The number that they give out , is merely one that you can leave a message. What number did you call him at?

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
How did you get a hold of Alan Hunter? He voice tracks his shows. The number that they give out , is merely one that you can leave a message. What number did you call him at?

That's what I am wondering, you actually talked to a DJ live, that is a accomplishment in and of itself....

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
Maybe it wasn't really Alan Hunter that I talked to, then. But SOMEONE refused my request. It SOUNDED like him.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
How hard can it be Alan? Press the frickin play button! Its not like they have to go to the basement and find the LP...

No, but the building might explode if they open up that playlist too much.

AZJoe

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Yes, there is no way they could play your request that day. The shows are voice tracked days ahead of time. Perhaps you mistook the person for saying it can't be played the day you called?

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
That song isn't on their playlist, which is very limited. They should honestly be ashamed of keeping it so limited. Not a fan of that song, but it's a very legit request! Anything from the 80s, especially Top 40 hits, should be fair game!

Reactions: Aaron

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
It just prove the point that they these channels are all so limited in their playlist and the reason why they are so stale most of the time. Some of the channels are so, so very predictable!

Also whoever said we can thank Sirius for this is correct, because XM while their decades and hits channels played lots of hits, they kept a good rotation of adds and removes to keep the playlist fresh. Sirius just can't seem to get their heads out of their asses and pull this off.

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
THEY PLAYED IT!!!! Friday night at like 11:15 PM. But it was part of a 1984 VJ countdown. But maybe that was their way of getting the song on for me- or maybe it was just a coincidence.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I don't know why this made me think of this...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ECyX8A3iP0]YouTube - High Fidelity - Barry, the perfect salesclerk[/ame]