80's On 8 Showing Year Of Song: Have they always did this?

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I don't listen to this channel a lot but noticed they are showing the year of the song. I don't recall them doing this until now. Am I correct in saying this is a new feature? I do like it. :yesshake:

I know 70's on 7 does it.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I have noticed they can't do it for long titles such as Queen's CRAZY LITTLE THING CALLED LOVE is playing at the moment.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Was this never done on the 80's on 8 on XM pre-merger?

The year was always shown on Sirius Gold, 60's Vibrations, Totally 70's, and the Big 80's before the merger. Not sure what other channels may have done this.

I wish all channels showed the year of the song.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I have now noticed Classic Vinyl is doing this on some songs but not all of them.

The short title of Night Moves did not display a year though. :confused:

I wonder if they are just testing this format.

EDIT: It looks as though they are displaying the year on every other song.

Last edited:

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
It's new to the 80s on 8 (at least the Sirius XM verision). It might have a lot to do with the fact that they seem to be playing ONLY the Sirius songs again (and sadly, very few of them...they need to bring back specialty shows that play rarer tracks OR just bring back the larger playlist. It was the only good thing to come of the changes and they changed it back!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I think they did do this prior to the channel merge, on big 80's. Then, it went away when it turned to 80's on 8. I think.

Don't quote me on that.

Sirius Big80s had the year. XM 80s on 8 did not. Now they have added it where it fits.

It's new to the 80s on 8 (at least the Sirius XM verision). It might have a lot to do with the fact that they seem to be playing ONLY the Sirius songs again (and sadly, very few of them...they need to bring back specialty shows that play rarer tracks OR just bring back the larger playlist. It was the only good thing to come of the changes and they changed it back!

I think it is still the XM library. They just needed to update. The lack of depth changed before the year came on.

AZJoe

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
80s on 8 has moved back to Sirius NYC and the library. They tried it out at XM DC for awhile, but it has been brought back under Sirius NYC again.