60s on 6 6ucks now

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
I used to like it on XM. You got to hear some deep cuts from the 60s and experience some "new" music.

Now its just like listening to any oldies FM station. I dont even bother listening to it any more.

This sucks!!!!!!

siriusfan

Nov 5, 2008
I agree. 60s on 6 seems to have lost its imagination. It was more fun to listen to just after the merge. Many many Sirius subscribers have complained about narrow playlists on Sirius music channels. They evidently think we are in the minority because these complaints persistently appear to fall on deaf ears. Alas.

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
I just sent an email to sirius explaining that if they are going to make their channels just like FM then there is no reason to get sat radio!

katyinc

Feb 13, 2009
I assume that Sirius listeners were happy with what they had and XM listeners were happy with what they had, now many, many people are quite unhappy, I personally lost the one person I loved the most, TJ Lubinsky on Doo Wop Gold, ( channel 5) XM listeners think Bobby B is so cool well, I guess they never had a chance to listen to TJ, as Bobby's show is a joke, pre-recorded, TJ was live, requests were on in 5 minutes, he had the music, the stories, the people, the personality, he cared so much about his audience and it showed. I lost that show and I lost all respect for Sirius XM, if they want to give us trash, I can get that for free. I have better doo wop on my CD's. I truly see Sirius XM going to the toilet, they just can't seem to get it together, and they play Cousin Brucie to the hilt, I mean, other DJ's are on and they still have the 60's with Cousin Brucie on the write up. using him to try and grab these folks in, plenty people probably do not even know of him, being he was such a big East Coast DJ. But they play him like they play all their customers, I am so sick of their BS, they are a joke. One day THEIR day will come. By the way, if anyone wants to hear a great 50's. 60's, 70's, 80's mix of music, go online to www:WJRZ.com, (100.1) from New Jersey, on Sunday nights from 7 to 11, TJ plays the best of the best, he is unreal, even music I never got into, I am into now, he is MAGIC!!! It is an all request show too!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Aaron

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
E-mail these guys!

Jon.Zellner@siriusxm.com (Sr. Vice President Music Programming)

GSteele@siriusradio.com (Rock Programming)

Thanks man. I just sent the following email.

Dear Mr Zellner,

I wanted to bring two matters to your attention.

1) I remember the 60s on 6 programming being much better just after the merger and when it was an exclusive XM channel. They used to play much deeper cuts of great 60s pop songs. However now when I listen I hear the same songs as any FM oldies station.

I think its important for SiriusXM to offer unique programming. For example I wanted to buy a radio for my aunt who would love the 60s channel, but I decided not to at this point because she can get the same thing for free on her local FM oldies channel.

Mr Zellner I would like to ask if you could see about getting some of the unique programming back? Why did it change?

2) The 70s countdown show on 70s on 7 replaced Dave Heffel with outdated recordings of Casey Kasem. Why? I think paying customers deserve better than outdated shows. Dave Heffel did a great job and I always tuned in.

I already sent an email to SiriusXM, but got a generic response that didnt address my questions. As a paying subscriber I would like to ask that you please at least respond to my specific questions.

Thank you,

Thomas

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
Complain all you want. I can assure you that they will not care. I'm not trying to be smart- I'm just being honest.

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Hey look I got a response:

Thanks for the e-mail, Thomas. The library on the 60s channel (and all music channels) always changes with songs moving in and out to keep it sounding fresh. If there are specific songs you'd like to hear more often, please let me know.

As for Casey Kasem's countdown, it has generated many positive comments since the shows were re-launched four years ago. Many would describe the shows as original and exclusive rather than outdated, but I do appreciate your feedback. Dave Hoeffel is still with the company and is on the air every day on 50s on 5.

Best,

Jon

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Many people would describe Zellner as a dumbass instead of the genius he thinks he is. When this company is finally sold to a CEO that knows that the hell he is doing, Zellner and his ilk will be the first ones handed the pink slips.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I've been listening to '60s on 6 during the morning most days. Sounds good to me. I'm hearing more songs I haven't heard on the channel and I've been listening off and on since Nov 2003 :shock:

I think that the elimination of CQUSA and the Beatle Bell sux, but what can you do. I used to like the Sweet 16 Music Machine, too. Or the top 6 '60s count down they played every hour, but I can live with out them.

At least they take phone calls. I love hearing Phlash Phelps talk to the listeners :)

monty

Oct 15, 2008
Bumpass, VA
I've been listening to '60s on 6 during the morning most days. Sounds good to me. I'm hearing more songs I haven't heard on the channel and I've been listening off and on since Nov 2003 :shock:

I think that the elimination of CQUSA and the Beatle Bell sux, but what can you do. I used to like the Sweet 16 Music Machine, too. Or the top 6 '60s count down they played every hour, but I can live with out them.

At least they take phone calls. I love hearing Phlash Phelps talk to the listeners :)

Same for me. I also enjoy Terry Young in the evening on way ride home from work.

Reactions: semipenguin

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Since I was born in the early 80s, every 60s song seems like new to me.

No complaints from this guy.