5hr Energy and other energy drinks

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by JoeTan, Feb 10, 2009.

1. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

They do curb your appetite and get ya a little banged up at the same time but in a good way.It would help artie BUT everyone would start hating him on air cause he'll be too much with the rambling.

He needs something to do other than eating and drugs.

I like NOS the best these days.

2. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

I used to drink 2 or maybe 3 energy drinks a day about a year and two years ago. I liked rockstar juiced and Sobe No fear drinks, but red bull and NOS are good too. I just finally stopped drinking them regularily. I ahd one for the first time in about 10 months a few weeks ago and couldn't finish it all, and havent had it since, but sometimes Im in the mood. It's hard to believe I used to be so in to them. I'd try every new flavor and brand that came to the store.

3. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

I used to be really into energy drinks too. I gravitated towards them when I got clean but still wanted something to give me that extra boost. Like you Grupsaar, I would drink about 2 or 3 a day.

I've since cut them out all together...they're not exactly healthy for you with all that sugar. I've learned that daily exercise gives you all the energy you need to get through the day. That, and two cups of coffee in the morning.

Artie needs to start exercising too, not only to lose weight, but it does give you energy and wakes you up. Plus it releases endorphins and helps with depression.

4. PACanesFan

PACanesFan Member

I still drink energy drink somewhat regually. I've tried to change to the sugar-free versions of everything. In fact, Red Bull Sugar Free [IMO] tastes better then the regular. My faves are
    1) SF Red Bull
    2) SF Rockstar
    3) Cherry NOS
    4) Jolt
    5) Mt. Dew AMP (cherry and blueberry flavors)

I used to have a can or two a day. I noticed I was getting lots of heart palpations. After reading online, I cut back on energy drinks to 1 or 2 a week. No more heart palpations after that.

5. Bark

Bark Hey Now!

Never tried any. I usually need something that mellows me out, not hype me up.

6. TheScionicMan

TheScionicMan Last non-Hating Stern Fan

I have a Rockstar every morning instead of coffee, but stick to one a day except on rare. really tired occasions. Also if I'm driving late, they are good. Just got a case a Costco last night. The double-size cans come out to about $1.25 there.

I absolutely LOVE the Rockstar Punched. But I have to watch out for the palpitations too. Sometimes at the car shows like HIN, I'll have too many little cups and then get jittery. Other than that, it doesn't give me a noticable feeling, but i notice NOT having one.

I've tried the 5- hour energy but didn't like it.

Just like everything, moderation is the key.

7. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

I think someone as overweight and unhealthy as Artie is shouldn't be drinking anything that gets your heart rate going. ;)

8. k9feces

k9feces Member

I found this great energy drink called coffee.

9. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Yes, Rockstar Juiced is great. But my heart does seem to go crazy back when I was doing a bunch of cans in one day. This was when I was 16,17,18. I slowed down in the past 2 years, and probably for the better.

10. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

No Niacin though. Look for B vitamins and Nicain listed to get the good stuff. (increases blood circulation) Go B vitamins!

11. Elwood

Elwood Member

Red Bull & Vodka straight up, thank u!

12. TheScionicMan

TheScionicMan Last non-Hating Stern Fan

I was at a party once and with the drink tickets we were given, they said we could have a "Red Bull and something". I think they had vodka, gin and something else. One Vodka and RB harshed my throat so bad I gave the drink tickets away and bought beer...

13. kingchuck69

kingchuck69 Joker! Joker! Joker!

I'm a Monster freak!

I drink maybe 3-4 cans per week. I've even decided to start drinking Monster Lo-Carb since I need to lose a few lbs.

14. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

I've tried the 5-hour energy (berry flavor) once. I couldn't stand the taste.

15. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

that works best for me as I dont drink stuff with sugar, nor drink coffee. 3-4 miles a day gets my energy levels right without the use of such "energy drinks"

16. loadfet17

loadfet17 New Member

5 hr energey

Those things are a great way to start a night of binge drinking! They don't "amp you up" right away like some of the other energy drinks do.

17. Oren

Oren Well-Known Member

Every once in a while I have a SoBe Adrenaline Rush (the diet/no-cal version).

I think it's the best tasting one of those vitamin drinks.

I don't know what the flavor is... maybe grapefruit and somethingwhatother.

:p