50 interview

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
What a great interview. I love it when howard gets some of the top rappers in because they always have great stories and just such a cavalier attitude toward everything.

Other than a video game, I'm not sure what he was there to promote but 50 is a guy that when I see he has a new album or business venture, I hope that he comes on STern to promote it.

Sort of like how I look forward to the Toby Maguire interviews when he does a new Spider man or the M. Night Shamlyan interview when he has a new movie. Although I think he skipped the show for "THE HAPPENING" after the bad treatment he got for THE VILLAGE.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
What a great interview. I love it when howard gets some of the top rappers in because they always have great stories and just such a cavalier attitude toward everything.

Other than a video game, I'm not sure what he was there to promote but 50 is a guy that when I see he has a new album or business venture, I hope that he comes on STern to promote it.

Sort of like how I look forward to the Toby Maguire interviews when he does a new Spider man or the M. Night Shamlyan interview when he has a new movie. Although I think he skipped the show for "THE HAPPENING" after the bad treatment he got for THE VILLAGE.

50 cent is at a point in his wealth, that he doesn't really need to promote anything. he's probably the most wealthy rapper next to jay-z and diddy. anyways, don't forget that 50 cent is a sirius veteran as well since he's always on shade 45, and has a show on there too.

matter of fact, today's show was probably one of the best stern shows I have heard in months.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
for a former crack head he's cool as ice. Top dog. He and Snoop are my favorite.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
50 cent is at a point in his wealth, that he doesn't really need to promote anything. he's probably the most wealthy rapper next to jay-z and diddy. anyways, don't forget that 50 cent is a sirius veteran as well since he's always on shade 45, and has a show on there too.

matter of fact, today's show was probably one of the best stern shows I have heard in months.

Agreed. His wealth is just astounding. I know he is always brought up along with Diddy and Jay Z when people talk about enterprising rap stars but I never hear Eminem brought up. Not that I think he's the best rapper, but I"m sure he gets a peice of whatever 50 Cent, The Game, etc make. He's got to be up there. He didn't hit the Vitamin Water jackpot though like 50 did so I guess 50 is probably worth more.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Warning, post includes comments on New York law. Skip over if bored. 50 Cent impressed me with his good grasp of New York law on child support....Sure he is interested because he has had to go to court on it but still many guys complain about getting screwed on child support and show no understanding of the law... I must compare him to Howard who consistently misstates New York divorce law on property division. In New York, a spouse does not automatically get 50% of all of the property of the other spouse. He or she is not entitled to property acquired by the other spouse before the marriage or gifts (like inheritances) acquired after the marriage. He or she gets an "equitable" (meaning "fair") distribution of property acquired after the marriage such as employment income. (In Howard's case, this meant 50% of his property since it was all acquired though employment after his marriageand it was a long (8 years or more) marriage.) Thus, a guy like Paul McCartney would not have had his pre-marriage fortune subjected to division in New York.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
Agreed. His wealth is just astounding. I know he is always brought up along with Diddy and Jay Z when people talk about enterprising rap stars but I never hear Eminem brought up. Not that I think he's the best rapper, but I"m sure he gets a peice of whatever 50 Cent, The Game, etc make. He's got to be up there. He didn't hit the Vitamin Water jackpot though like 50 did so I guess 50 is probably worth more.

50 cent is signed under eminem, who is signed under dr dre and they're all on interscope. kinda like a pyramid, which each one getting points off the albums of the ones below them. anyways, even with that being said, 50 cent definitely had 8 figure money before vitamin water from the other business ventures, the record sales, and the concert receipts. but that vitamin water deal being bought out by coca cola is what took 50 cent from 8 figure wealth to 9 figure wealth. just off that deal alone, makes me think 50 has more money than eminem. but thats only due to his business savy not due to selling more records.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
50 cent is signed under eminem, who is signed under dr dre and they're all on interscope. kinda like a pyramid, which each one getting points off the albums of the ones below them. anyways, even with that being said, 50 cent definitely had 8 figure money before vitamin water from the other business ventures, the record sales, and the concert receipts. but that vitamin water deal being bought out by coca cola is what took 50 cent from 8 figure wealth to 9 figure wealth. just off that deal alone, makes me think 50 has more money than eminem. but thats only due to his business savy not due to selling more records.

I could be wrong on this but I don't think I am. Didn't 50 make somewhere north of 100 million on the Vitamin Water deal? He had a high share in the company BEFORE Coke bought it for the ungodly amount that they did so I know he basically made enough money to pretty much retire off that alone. Add that to his record sales, concerts, real estate and god knows what other deals and he is probably worth around 250-300 million? Isn't that about right?