49k?

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I just paid the $2.99 a month to upgrade to premium. I thought it was more like 128K, but the Sirius.com player says "Playing 49 k bits/second."

My Stiletto 2 says "Internet Premium" so that obviously worked.

Shouldn't the website player say 128k?

:confused:

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I'll just put these two questions in the same post to keep things simple:

1) Can I upgrade and downgrade between standard and premium as I wish, or is there a $5 fee per time? (I didn't see a fee the first time.) I ask because I really only need premium at one location and i'm not there all the time...in fact, I may be taking a lot of time off between Thanksgiving and January.

2) I can't log in to Stream_ON. Actually, it won't even start up. I tried repairing the install to no avail. Should I try to re-install everything (aka a mental note to do it when I have time) or should I investigate the problem from another angle?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

1) Can I upgrade and downgrade between standard and premium as I wish, or is there a $5 fee per time? (I didn't see a fee the first time.) I ask because I really only need premium at one location and i'm not there all the time...in fact, I may be taking a lot of time off between Thanksgiving and January.

I believe you can add it and subtract it at your lesure (at least you used to be). You have to ask yourself if you want to subject yourself to the whims of Sirius CS everytime you want to upgrade or downgrade. Every time a CSR touches your account you run the risk of an error. Is that worth the $6 you would be charged for December & January?

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I believe you can add it and subtract it at your lesure (at least you used to be). You have to ask yourself if you want to subject yourself to the whims of Sirius CS everytime you want to upgrade or downgrade. Every time a CSR touches your account you run the risk of an error. Is that worth the $6 you would be charged for December & January?

Even though I have the "corporate number" whatever the HELL that means :rolleyes:, i'm sure it's all the same Sirius CS.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana

This is not true that you have to contact a CSR, you can do this online yourself at least on the XM side. So adding and removing this feature is done through the online account setup. I always add the BOS during NFL season and remove it when it is over. I've done the same with the Internet Premium too. NO CSR or PHONE CALL NECESSARY!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
This is not true that you have to contact a CSR, you can do this online yourself at least on the XM side. So adding and removing this feature is done through the online account setup. I always add the BOS during NFL season and remove it when it is over. I've done the same with the Internet Premium too. NO CSR or PHONE CALL NECESSARY!

Cool. I never have done it but assumed that it would not be allowed.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Heh, I tried to add it online at Sirius.com and it kept coming back with a message saying my card was invalid, so I ended up calling my "coporate connection" for help.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
The Pulse = 90's and now
20 on 20 = The Biggest Hits of Today From the Biggest Artists Of Today Played in Countdown Format by votes. (Including simulcasts of Sirius XM Hits 1)
SiriusXM Hits 1 = SIRIUS XM Hits 1 gives you the best new music first and all the hits
Pop2K = The biggest Hits and limited forgotten Hits from 2000-2008.

I'm sure some of these channels could be combined or killed off.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Has the expiry date passed?

Yeah. I logged in and got the "you must subscribe to premium" message. I only need Sirius.com streaming on one computer, which I only use a maximum of 6 hours per week.

I figure at home I can use my SL2 or Stream_ON.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
The Pulse = 90's and now
20 on 20 = The Biggest Hits of Today From the Biggest Artists Of Today Played in Countdown Format by votes. (Including simulcasts of Sirius XM Hits 1)
SiriusXM Hits 1 = SIRIUS XM Hits 1 gives you the best new music first and all the hits
Pop2K = The biggest Hits and limited forgotten Hits from 2000-2008.

I'm sure some of these channels could be combined or killed off.

I think the most obvious would be that 20 on 20 and Hits 1 combine.
Pop2k is sort of a broad pop based decades channel for 2000 to today, while The Pulse is sort of Hot/Modern Adult Contemporary channel covering the mid 90s to today. I think those would co-exist.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Heh, I tried to add it online at Sirius.com and it kept coming back with a message saying my card was invalid, so I ended up calling my "coporate connection" for help.

Yeah I remember now Sirius always makes you reenter your card information. XM doesn't do this and just goes with the card they have on file. I never undrestood why Sirius insisted that you enter your card info again. Unless that has changed recently!

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

2) I can't log in to Stream_ON. Actually, it won't even start up. I tried repairing the install to no avail. Should I try to re-install everything (aka a mental note to do it when I have time) or should I investigate the problem from another angle?

To further my first point, I noticed a $5 fee when upgrading to premium. Holy gheez, talk about nickle and diming. (Whatever.)

So, no, I guess I won't be upgrading and downgrading as needed. Ideally, I would have upgraded only when I needed the Sirius.com player access, and downgrading a few days later.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
To further my first point, I noticed a $5 fee when upgrading to premium. Holy gheez, talk about nickle and diming. (Whatever.)

So, no, I guess I won't be upgrading and downgrading as needed. Ideally, I would have upgraded only when I needed the Sirius.com player access, and downgrading a few days later.

Really strange as I have XM and I've upgraded when football season started and downgraded when it was over and I've never had a fee. Is this just on the Sirius side? Strange!