30 Rock

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Such a great show.

While everyone on it is hilarious, especially Tina Fey and the guy that plays Kenneth, I don't know if this show would have made it with Alec Baldwin. His strange blend of unintentional comedy makes this show perfect.

My favorite comedy that is on right now. The Office and 30 Rock makes the funniest hour on TV.

Any other fans?

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
I LOVE the office. I have been watching it since it began and it just keeps getting better. Working in a office, I see lots of my co-workers on this show LOL

I've always heard good things about 30 Rock so I have just recently been watching it and it's pretty good.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Such a great show.

While everyone on it is hilarious, especially Tina Fey and the guy that plays Kenneth, I don't know if this show would have made it with Alec Baldwin. His strange blend of unintentional comedy makes this show perfect.

My favorite comedy that is on right now. The Office and 30 Rock makes the funniest hour on TV.

Any other fans?

I'm sure you meant "made it without" Alec Baldwin. Although I still love the show, I think it's gone about a step back from last season.

My favorite episode was from last year when they did the fireworks/9-11 show.

I watch it each week. It's cute, it's fun and there's always a handful of jokes that make me chuckle.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I'm sure you meant "made it without" Alec Baldwin. Although I still love the show, I think it's gone about a step back from last season.

My favorite episode was from last year when they did the fireworks/9-11 show.

I watch it each week. It's cute, it's fun and there's always a handful of jokes that make me chuckle.

YES!!! I meant WITHOUT Alec Baldwin. He makes the show.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Although I still love the show, I think it's gone about a step back from last season...I watch it each week. It's cute, it's fun and there's always a handful of jokes that make me chuckle.

That's pretty much how I feel about it.

Anybody see last night's Office, when Pam kissed Jim on his top lip in the break room?

Did anybody else want to hump their TVs?

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
That's pretty much how I feel about it.

Anybody see last night's Office, when Pam kissed Jim on his top lip in the break room?

Did anybody else want to hump their TVs?

That girl is F'N hot :cool:

I watched the first two seasons of 30 Rock on my Blu-Ray's Netflix Instant Que, and I became a huge fan. Great episode last night.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
30 Rock is fantastic. Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin really compliment each other well on the show. And I like how they usually incorporate current events into the show. Anyone see the episode a couple weeks back when the cast of Night Court guest starred? I remember watching that show as a little kid, and that theme music was killer. Markie Post held up well...she's lookin good for a woman pushing 60.

30 Rock is one of four sitcoms I regularly watch on TV, the others being The Office, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, and Curb Your Enthusiasm (still waiting for Season 7 to start). The Office was starting to lose me early in the season, but now Ryan and Pam are back in the office and Toby returned, so it seems they're getting back to the original formula. I didn't really care for the Holly (Amy Ryan) character who replaced Toby.

Anyone ever watch the original British version? They only made two seasons (12 episodes). Steve Carell plays Michael Scott a little differently than Ricky Gervais did.

Thursday nights are great...The Office, 30 Rock, and Sunny in Philly all back-to-back-to-back.

The Night Court theme!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxvsoA_TyMY]YouTube - Night Court theme song[/ame]

Last edited:

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Anyone ever watch the original British version? They only made two seasons (12 episodes). Steve Carell plays Michael Scott a little differently than Ricky Gervais did.

Yes, I watched the British version awhile back. When it was announced that there was to be an American version of the Office my reaction was to wince. It's not often that the American version of a British show equals, let alone passes up, the original. I'm glad the people working on the U.S. show have done a fantastic job with the show.

I think the original is better because of how Ricky Gervais played the lead character. I think that judging how much you seem to like the work of Larry David, liking the work of Ricky Gervais should not be too much of a stretch. They're both masters at working through incredibly awkward and uncomfortable moments.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I think that judging how much you seem to like the work of Larry David, liking the work of Ricky Gervais should not be too much of a stretch. They're both masters at working through incredibly awkward and uncomfortable moments.

Funny you mention that. A year or two ago, I came across an interview that Ricky Gervais conducted, and Larry David was the one fielding questions. Probably the best interview I've seen with LD (though there aren't many to choose from). The two do seem to be very much from the same school of comedy.

He's great on the UK's version of The Office. Sadly, that's really all I've seen with Gervais. I've been meaning to get my hands on the DVD's of his other series, Extras, but haven't managed to do so yet.

EDIT: Found that interview with RG and LD. There are six parts to it; I'll post part one here.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWgVr545yNA[/ame]

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Extras is a fine show, but not really on par with The Office. Not that that's a slam against Extras, I just think The Office is a perfect show. You can't beat it.

There happen to be a few moments in Extras that reach a level of comedic nirvana, but it can suffer through a couple of movie star cameos that over reach and at least one recurring character that totally comes off as unbelievable(mainly from last season).

The Office 10/10
Extras 8.5/10

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I love "The Office", but I thought "Extras" was even better. I haven't seen the US version of "The Office" yet. Maybe over Xmas break.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I love "The Office", but I thought "Extras" was even better. I haven't seen the US version of "The Office" yet. Maybe over Xmas break.

Go easy on the first few US version shows, they're mostly duplicate story lines from the UK show. After about a dozen shows they started to spread it open a lot more.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Funny you mention that. A year or two ago, I came across an interview that Ricky Gervais conducted, and Larry David was the one fielding questions. Probably the best interview I've seen with LD (though there aren't many to choose from). The two do seem to be very much from the same school of comedy.

He's great on the UK's version of The Office. Sadly, that's really all I've seen with Gervais. I've been meaning to get my hands on the DVD's of his other series, Extras, but haven't managed to do so yet.

EDIT: Found that interview with RG and LD. There are six parts to it; I'll post part one here.

YouTube - Ricky Gervais meets Larry David (part 1 of 6)

Yeah, I've seen that interview before. I thought Larry and Ricky really made a connection and I found out a little more about what goes on behind-the-scenes on Curb Your Enthusiasm.