3 added channels to SIRIUS Internet Radio?

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I turned on my Xbox 360 this morning and noticed that 3 channels have been added (there were 121 channels yesterday, and now it says 124).

I've also noticed that SIRIUS made some changes to the channel list (SIR-# channels are now placed in the 800's, ex: SIRIUS 809 - Cinemagic)

I logged into the official SIRIUS player and the changes are identical.

Does anyone know what 3 channels were added to the lineup this morning? :confused:

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Not sure which of these are new, but here are the Stations that are online but not on Satellite for the SIRIUS Side.

SIR-8-The Village
805-20s on 20
806-Pop2k
807-The Groove
809-Cinemagic
Was probably the 3 below
810-Limited Engagements
812-SIRIUS XM Bootlegs
813-SIRIUS XM Musical Showcase

Reactions: BlueEyed_Guy2719

hexagram

Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Last edited:
Nov 12, 2008
There aren't many obvious candidates left. Maybe they'll add them in the coming week. Let's see...

Fox News Channel - What's holding them up on this? They've got CNN, HLN, and CNBC audio.
ESPN All Access - Could be, if they can work around the rights.
ESPN Xtra - Same as above, but shouldn't be as much of a problem.
Radio Classics - It's criminal this hasn't been online for years already.
Sporting News Radio - Barter network. They could probably do it now.
Sirius XM Weather and Emergency - Could work.
XM Public Radio - And not just Bob Edwards. They got NPR. May as well get the PRI and APM stuff too.

They don't appear to want to add Spanish ones, or Radio Korea, or anymore Canadian channels.

Last edited:

hexagram

Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
You turned on your 360 and noticed it? How are you listening to Sirius via the 360?

I stream it off the server using a program (no longer available unfortunately, the guy decided to retire and pull his downloads)

They don't appear to want to add Spanish ones, or Radio Korea, or anymore Canadian channels.

I noticed ESPN Deportes is listed. SIRIUS 91. Then there's Caliente on SIRIUS 83, and Viva on SIRIUS 802.

Fox News Channel - What's holding them up on this? They've got CNN, HLN, and CNBC audio

Fox News Talk is on SIRIUS 145. Is that different? I don't know, I don't listen to that dreck. :p

MLB Home Plate finally got added. Hot diggity damn!

That must be unknown channel #2 :) (though I could've sworn that was already available)

Last edited:

sgniwder

Nov 10, 2008
I'm running TVersity and USirius, so I was able to compare the 2 lists.

Here's the added channels
129-CNBC
Sirius 210 - Home Plate
Sirius 821 - Family Talk

sgniwder

Nov 10, 2008
I'm running the same programs as hexagram, so I was able to compare the 2 lists.

Here's the added channels
129-CNBC
Sirius 210 - Home Plate
Sirius 821 - Family Talk

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
They have certainly come a long way in regards to what is available via internet streaming! Well worth the $2.99 per month for the premium streaming in my book now days!

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
They have certainly come a long way in regards to what is available via internet streaming! Well worth the $2.99 per month for the premium streaming in my book now days!

Well yeah. Now that people (including me) are paying for it, Sirius/XM at least has somewhat more of an incentive to invest in the product. When it was a "freebie", it was more or less of an afterthought.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Well yeah. Now that people (including me) are paying for it, Sirius/XM at least has somewhat more of an incentive to invest in the product. When it was a "freebie", it was more or less of an afterthought.

This is the natural evolution if you ask me. Sirius had to step up into internet streaming or be left behind.