2nd half predictions?

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Now that All-Star weekend is over, What do you see happening in the second half of the season and beyond? Will it be a Lakers - Celtics Finals rematch?

I'll predict a Lakers vs. Cavaliers Final series. :cool:

Not going out on a limb here, but I'll predict LeBron will win his first NBA MVP award this year.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Well one thing looks certain. Steve Kerr appears to be set on the total demolition of that Phoenix Suns team. It started last year when he traded Shawn Marion for Shaq. Then he pushed Mike D'Antoni out of town. Now it looks inevitable that Amar'e Stoudemire will soon be traded...even Shaq has been shopped around. Terry Porter was just fired. It looks like Steve Nash might be the only one left.

Everyone seems to be gearing up for that 2010 free agent class by clearing cap space...guys like LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Dirk Nowitzki, and Joe Johnson.

As for the Finals, it looks like the Lakers will again get there, barring any more major injuries of course (losing Bynum won't slow them down). The Spurs could give them some trouble. Hopefully the Rockets will get and stay healthy by the time the playoffs roll around, and maybe they can get out of the first round for the first time in 12 years. But the Lakers look pretty good right now.

The East will more than likely come down to Boston and Cleveland. Whoever gains that home court advantage might end up winning the Conference Finals. I would have given Orlando a chance before Jameer Nelson went down, but I don't think they can do it without a point guard. Atlanta is talented but probably don't have enough to get it done. Detroit's run of six consecutive Eastern Conference Finals comes to an end this season. The Allen Iverson experiement doesn't seem to be working.

If I had to predict the Finals right now, I'd go with a rematch of last year, Lakers vs. Celtics. Though a LeBron vs. Kobe Finals would be fun.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I don't know who to predict right now the East is a tight race and in the West the Lakers have a several game lead. My teams are the Suns and Rockets and finally today the Suns fired Terry Porter as the head coach, hopefully Alvin Gentry can do a better job? I just wish Mike D’Antoni would come back and coach the Phoenix Suns!!!

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Steve Kerr = Matt Millen

Just kidding, but not too impressive so far with Kerr as GM of the Suns. They've made some mistakes the last couple of years.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I just want to see my SIXERS make the post season and be competitive. :eek:

I thought of you goreds2... you're not going to like this one.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-gTwTURepw"]YouTube - Devin Harris Hits Rediculous Half Court Shot At The Buzzer To Win The Game[/ame]

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
You got that right! They were stupid for trading Harris. He's on my fantasy team. He's been putting up great numbers most of this season. :cool:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Mark Cuban overreacted last year and felt he had to make a big move at the deadline. So he traded away a promising young star to get an aging, over-the-hill Jason Kidd. Hey, as a Houston Rocket fan, it made me happy!

Utah is really starting to put things together in the West. Winners of 8 out of 9, including games against the Lakers, Mavs, Hornets, and Celtics. And tonight, Carlos Boozer returned to the lineup, playing in his first game since November.

It's still the Lakers' conference to lose, but the Jazz could very well make some noise come playoff time. If they can stay healthy.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I'm pretty sure Marv Albert still does Monday Night Football games for Westwood One, along with Boomer Esiason.

He called the Super Bowl on the radio. I was listening on terrestrial when I was pulled away from the game.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I'm pretty sure Marv Albert still does Monday Night Football games for Westwood One, along with Boomer Esiason.

He called the Super Bowl on the radio. I was listening on terrestrial when I was pulled away from the game.

On topic: As much as I'm not following much of the league this year, I'm interested to see what the Nuggets will do in the postseason.