255 Degrees in Chicago tomorrow!

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
So I have this really cool SIRIUS Travel Link service on my Alpine Nav Headunit. It's so badass. I can get gas prices, weather, traffic, construction updates, movie listings all provided thru SIRIUS. So it's really funny when it's SOOOO cold that the software doesn't understand the information. Look at the 5 Day forecast for Chicago. Thursday is so cold it's hot with a High of 255 Degrees and a low of 245 Degrees. I guess I will have the AC blasting :smug:
255Degrees.jpg

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Yes, I always new Chicago was really "HELL"

Evil Ernie will be along shortly he is really the Devil just likes to go by Ernie. LOL

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
From 255 Thursday to 8 on Friday. I guess we can rule out global warming as the culprit here...

We've been in the 60-70s here the last few days. It's been nice and enjoyable, I didn't even wear a coat this morning, but I feel guilty because we need RAIN really bad.

fineware

Nov 8, 2008
Remington, VA
...So it's really funny when it's SOOOO cold that the software doesn't understand the information...

I flew through O'Haire Thursday, and a United attendant said it was -10F at the time.

I suspect the problem with the software is that it doesn't recognize 0xFF (255) as -1 and 0xF5 (245) as -11.

And now I'm busted as a software geek. ;)

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
Is travel link offered in anything other than Fords? I just bought a new Dodge Nitro that has the myGig/nav system. It came with a free year of Sirius and Sirius Traffic (one part of the travel link thing)....can I get all of the other stuff, too?

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Lol

It must be the lake effect sunspots again. Downtown is always "warmer" at night than the boonies. Since Lake Michigan isn't all water it doesn't freeze a whole lot. One experiences an extra wind chill walking downtown (and between the buildings).

Fineware, I've marked you as a techie. :yesshake:

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
So I have this really cool SIRIUS Travel Link service on my Alpine Nav Headunit. It's so badass. I can get gas prices, weather, traffic, construction updates, movie listings all provided thru SIRIUS. So it's really funny when it's SOOOO cold that the software doesn't understand the information. Look at the 5 Day forecast for Chicago. Thursday is so cold it's hot with a High of 255 Degrees and a low of 245 Degrees. I guess I will have the AC blasting :smug:
seems like when it gets to below zero it starts over at 255-260...?

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com