255 Degrees in Chicago tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Sirius Radios' started by TSS Taylor, Jan 15, 2009.

1. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

So I have this really cool SIRIUS Travel Link service on my Alpine Nav Headunit. It's so badass. I can get gas prices, weather, traffic, construction updates, movie listings all provided thru SIRIUS. So it's really funny when it's SOOOO cold that the software doesn't understand the information. Look at the 5 Day forecast for Chicago. Thursday is so cold it's hot with a High of 255 Degrees and a low of 245 Degrees. I guess I will have the AC blasting :smug:
    [​IMG]

2. drdroo

drdroo #1 by Women 18-24 Staff Member

It looks like the software problem made your screen extremely dirty too... :)

TSS Taylor likes this.
  3. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Yes, I always new Chicago was really "HELL"

Evil Ernie will be along shortly he is really the Devil just likes to go by Ernie. LOL

4. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

LOL! Get rid of that hunk of junk!

5. Jleimer

Jleimer Active Member

That is funny a tempature of 255 degrees god we would be dead if that occured.

6. TheScionicMan

TheScionicMan Last non-Hating Stern Fan

From 255 Thursday to 8 on Friday. I guess we can rule out global warming as the culprit here...

We've been in the 60-70s here the last few days. It's been nice and enjoyable, I didn't even wear a coat this morning, but I feel guilty because we need RAIN really bad.

7. drdroo

drdroo #1 by Women 18-24 Staff Member

That low of 245 is going to feel fantastic....

8. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Hope you didn't melt up there, that is funny glitch pic!

9. fineware

fineware Member

I flew through O'Haire Thursday, and a United attendant said it was -10F at the time.

I suspect the problem with the software is that it doesn't recognize 0xFF (255) as -1 and 0xF5 (245) as -11.

And now I'm busted as a software geek. ;)

10. TSSJimmyCoN

TSSJimmyCoN Member

I believe that was MY temperature on thursday re: this sickness going around the office I hosted

11. tsave31

tsave31 Member

Is travel link offered in anything other than Fords? I just bought a new Dodge Nitro that has the myGig/nav system. It came with a free year of Sirius and Sirius Traffic (one part of the travel link thing)....can I get all of the other stuff, too?

12. Vols44

Vols44 Well-Known Member

Lol

It must be the lake effect sunspots again. Downtown is always "warmer" at night than the boonies. Since Lake Michigan isn't all water it doesn't freeze a whole lot. One experiences an extra wind chill walking downtown (and between the buildings).

Fineware, I've marked you as a techie. :yesshake:

13. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

If Chicago is hell, a Sirius update to the SL2 logos and memory problem must be imminent. Friday looks like Chicago is freezing over.

14. tbone

tbone Member

Here is one for you
    [​IMG]

Georgia Tech is kicking some serious ass :twitch:

15. xan_user

xan_user Banned

seems like when it gets to below zero it starts over at 255-260...?

16. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I think right now it's just Fords. This was an aftermarket one I bought. Here is the link to SIRIUS Travel Link Page.
    SIRIUS Satellite Radio - SIRIUS Travel Link ? Reach Your Destination Faster, Safer and Smarter

17. tsave31

tsave31 Member