2020 Movies & TV Shows

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Quick rundown of a few things I've watched recently.

Just finished an amazing documentary a couple mins ago: American Murder: The Family Next Door. It just came out on Netflix a few days ago. It's about that Colorado guy who killed his pregnant wife and 2 kids. The neat part about this one was that there were no talking heads at all. The movie is almost completely footage from cop body cams and text messages from everyone involved. At the end they go to local news reports more but it's still good.

Raised By Wolves
This is the scifi HBO show I talked about a few weeks ago. I saw it through and it was worth watching but not the best scifi show. I'll probably give it another shot in season 2.

Utopia
This is a remake of some British show on Amazon Prime. It has Rainn Wilson and John Cusack. It's about some 20 somethings who are obsessed with a comic book and it turns out all the stuff from the comic happened in real life. The group hooks up with the hero from the comic and they go on a very violent adventure trying to stop some big corporation from killing everyone with a virus. It wasn't great but fun and only 8 episodes.

Last edited:
Reactions: HecticArt and Aaron

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Unlike Disney's recent live-action Mulan, which bypassed theaters and went directly to Disney+ (and cost $29.99 to see), Soul will be available to Disney+ sunbscribers at no extra cost.

In blow to movie theaters, Disney-Pixar's Soul going straight to streaming
The film, about a middle school teacher (voiced by Jamie Foxx) with dreams
of becoming a jazz musician, will premiere Christmas Day on Disney+.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
This is glorious news! Finally the public airwaves will be free of this societal blight and it will be relegated to an obscure streaming service where it belongs.

• Haha
Reactions: sadchild

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Here's my morning:

Doing my usual busy work (because I'm a sucker and I know it yet that doesn't stop me) to start the day with Disney Youtube videos on (currently watching a guy go around epcot) and I have Obese and Pregnant on mute on the TV. Hah, this show is nuts. Like the title states, it's just following around a bunch of giant fat monsters on their lead up to expelling a human out of them. Quality programing!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
The Queen's Gambit

It's some new show on Netflix, I think it's 7 or 8 episodes, about an orphan girl in the 60's who is a chess wiz. I'm only 1.5 episodes deep so far but I'm digging it. At the orphanage when she's like 8 they get her addicted to what I think are opiates so that's an entertaining twist that follows her as she ages. She learns chess from the maintenance man in the basement of the orphanage and then gets adopted at 13 or so. The woman playing the grown up version is Anya Taylor-Joy. She's really pretty. She has those Disney princess eyes kinda like Alison Brie.

Reactions: Aaron

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
The Queen's Gambit

It's some new show on Netflix, I think it's 7 or 8 episodes, about an orphan girl in the 60's who is a chess wiz. I'm only 1.5 episodes deep so far but I'm digging it. At the orphanage when she's like 8 they get her addicted to what I think are opiates so that's an entertaining twist that follows her as she ages. She learns chess from the maintenance man in the basement of the orphanage and then gets adopted at 13 or so. The woman playing the grown up version is Anya Taylor-Joy. She's really pretty. She has those Disney princess eyes kinda like Alison Brie.
We're watching it now, and we're hooked. Too bad it's just one season right now. Btw, it's tranquilizers, not opiates.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Not sure if this was mentioned, but we're also watching The Undoing on HBO with Nicole Kidman. Someone is found dead, and an investigation ensues. I think it's one of those old-school series', where you have to wait until Sunday night for the next episode.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I enjoy a nature show and just discovered all the Disney Nature movies on Disney+. This first one I'm watching is in 4K so that's cool and about penguins. They are 90 minute movies and this one is half about the penguins and half about how it's filmed. Good stuff.

Not sure if this was mentioned, but we're also watching The Undoing on HBO with Nicole Kidman. Someone is found dead, and an investigation ensues. I think it's one of those old-school series', where you have to wait until Sunday night for the next episode.

I'm waiting until all episodes air before watching that one. I think I read there are only 6, so not too long a wait. I'm looking forward to it.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Hanna on Prime is a good television program.

It's about a teen girl who has super kickass fighting abilities in her DNA and her CIA agent "father" stole her from the CIA facility as a baby and raised her in the woods. Eventually they find the hideout and the series goes from there.

I was searching through Prime's 4K offerings and stumbled upon it. Apparently I had already watched the first 2 episodes but didn't remember them. I'm now like 5 deep and enjoying it. It already has a second season that aired and I read it was renewed for a third. I'm aware of the movie but can't remember if I ever saw that either. Maybe I'll check it out after I finish all the TV show episodes.