2019 Movies & Tv Shows

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I would rather people bring blankets than complain and force the theatre to raise the temperature of the theatre to make everybody sweat.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Last night Memegirl and I saw “Funan” an obscure animated film about a family forced to leave Phnom Penh by the Khmer Rouge. It does a good job of showing what that was like, but it was never engaging. I never felt emotionally connected to the characters, so it turned into a slog.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
There are certain primal fears baked into our DNA. We do not learn these fears, we are born with them, like all other mammals. Loud noises, falling, snakes, microbes, pointy things, and large men wearing ties, a face stitched together from other faces with poorly applied makeup and a chainsaw held high above their head.

Last night I saw “The Texas Chain Saw Massacre”, a very well known film about five young people who run out of gas in the worst place imaginable.

This is a masterpiece. There is very little gore. The camera cuts away from most of the violence. The most frightening aspects of the film are created by editing, sound design and set decoration. The furniture is more terrifying than the saw.

We saw a 4K restoration on one of the biggest screens at the theater. The house was packed.

After that I saw “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2”. Produced 14 years later, it is a broad horror comedy filled with wacky characters. It was enjoyable, but dwarfed by its predecessor.

Reactions: HecticArt

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
This afternoon the Bag family watched “Bring The Soul: The Movie”, the most widely released event movie ever. It combines concert and behind the scenes footage of K-pop band BTS’s “Love Yourself” tour. Memegirl is a big K-pop fan, and BTS is one of her favorites. Mrs. bag and I are not big K-pop fans, but we both enjoyed the movie. The boys are pretty and the music is innocuous. They reminded me of KISS in a way. Both are about the spectacle of their live performance. Neither are Christian rock.

Reactions: MadisonRadio1

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Last night I watched "Them That Follow", a somewhat obscure film featuring Oscar winner Olivia Colman and a bunch of other really good actors. It's a family melodrama set among a group of Christians who handle snakes as part of their ritual. So normal life is punctuated by snake bites and death. It was a good movie. Everyone was very convincing, especially the snakes.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Last night I watched "Them That Follow", a somewhat obscure film featuring Oscar winner Olivia Colman and a bunch of other really good actors. It's a family melodrama set among a group of Christians who handle snakes as part of their ritual. So normal life is punctuated by snake bites and death. It was a good movie. Everyone was very convincing, especially the snakes.
Any U2 music in the soundtrack?

Reactions: HecticArt

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Me too, but they weren't cartoons. They were live action. I would eat a big bowl of sugary cereal and run around and around in circles while they played that song. Bob Marley stole it for "Buffalo Soldiers".
Oh yeah, you're right, they were kind of like disney characters.

My cereals were Cap'n Crunch, Trix, Super Sugar Pops, Lucky Charms, and Frosted Flakes. Sometimes Count Chocula, which turned the milk brown. I remember the Cap'n Crunch would stick to my teeth.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
My cereals:

Cheerios (But only if poured enough sugar in to turn the milk into sludge.)
Cap'n Crunch
Crunchberries
Boo-berry
Freakies
Count Chocula
King Vitaman
Cocoa Pebbles
Frosted Flakes (I would like a cologne based on their scent)
Quisp (Never Quake. F Quake.)

And a bunch of others.

This is the thing I miss the most from those days, though:

a-Danish-Go-Rounds.jpg

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Now that you mention it, my mom would mix it up with getting us Crunchberries or the O.G. Cap'n. And just like with Lucky Charms, I'd eat all the regular cereal first, so that I'd be left with a bowl of sugared berries or marshmallows.

I've never seen danish go-rounds before.