2019 Movies & Tv Shows

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
It aired when I was a little kid. I remember eating a big bowl of high sugar cereal, then watching "Banana Splits", "The Monkees" and "Lancelot Link: Secret Chimp" on Saturday mornings. I didn't really watch them, I just ran around our circular coffee table as fast as I could while they were playing.
The joys of the boomer generation. Some of the shows I watched (along with Banana Splits) included the claymation Davey and Goliath, Felix the Cat, Winky Dink and You, Speed Racer, and Gigantor.

Reactions: MadisonRadio1

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
The joys of the boomer generation. Some of the shows I watched (along with Banana Splits) included the claymation Davey and Goliath, Felix the Cat, Winky Dink and You, Speed Racer, and Gigantor.
I'm Gen X, grandpa. We had "H.R. Puffnstuff", "Far Out Space Nuts", "Land of the Lost", "Josie and the Pussycats" and "Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space". You could never understand.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
memebag said:
I just ran around our circular coffee table as fast as I could while they were playing.

That game is called "musical chairs" -- but you're the first person I know who ever played it solitaire!

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
On Sunday nights, I used to sit quietly under the coffee table, so my parents wouldn't notice I was watching the Tom Jones variety hour with them.

Reactions: memebag

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
You guys need to argue it out here.

latest

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Last night I saw "Demons" and " Night of the Demons". The first was a pretty enterntaining Italian giallo about people watching a movie about demons, and then turning into demons themselves. The second was a boring American teen horror film containing a small homage to "Videodrome".

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Just watched Caaptain Marvel and the film is great. The storyline was a bit slow for the first hour, but the ball finally got rolling. It had a great cast staring: Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Jude Law, Annette Bening, Clark Gregg, Djimon Hounsou and Lee Pace.

The young CGI Samuel L. Jackson look just like Jules Winnfield but without the afro.

29-Samuel-L-Jackson.w330.h330.jpg

5b901b788ea82ff0248b4d6a-960-480.jpg

I would recommend the film and ome of the credits lead right into Infinity War and Endgames. Now I can't wait for Avengers: Endgame in couple of months.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
We have separated for the weekend and will not be going to any movies but we have $15 of Snack Cash to use before the end of the month so I'll go get some concessions today: Maybe popcorn or nachos or raisanettes

Reactions: semipenguin

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I went 10 days without a movie because I was sick.

Last night I saw "Iceman", which is really "Der Mann aus dem Eis". It's the story of the last week of Ötzi's life. Ötzi is the guy that died about 5300 years ago in the Ötztal Alps, was naturally mummified and discovered in 1991. I've been reading about him for decades.

The movie is pretty good. It's basically a revenge story, with the world's oldest MacGuffin. The dialog is all in an early version of Rhaetic, with no subtitles.