2018-19 Nba Regular Season Thread

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I want to go up to Minneapolis this January and catch the Timberwolves play the Pelicans.

But I said that about getting tickets to see the Saints at the Vikings, but I never got them

Reactions: Aaron

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I've never been to an NBA game. (NFL either.)
I lived in Chicago when Jordan was playing, but tickets were too expensive at the time. I should have gone to one anyway.

Reactions: semipenguin

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
The Lakers are now 31-39 and, with 12 games left to play, are 9½ games out of the last playoff spot in the Western Conference. In other words, LeBron James has been no help at all. Anyone else want him?

Nowitzki is 40 and averages 20.8 points per game. I doubt he'll rise any higher on the all-time scoring list. Above him are, in descending order, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Karl Malone, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James and Michael Jordan. Chamberlain and Jordan are tied for most points per game: 30.1.

Dirk Nowitzki passes Wilt Chamerberlain to move into sixth on the all-time scoring list

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
The Lakers are now 10½ games out of the last playoff spot. They have just ten more games to play. Yessiree, sports fans, they're out of the playoffs for the sixth consecutive year and LeBron will have plenty of time to go fishing -- or whatever he likes to do. Few people expect Luke Walton to return as coach. Former Bucks coach Jason Kidd and former Warriors coach Mark Jackson are rumored to be under consideration. Associate head coach Brian Shaw could also be promoted to head coach but I don't think that is very likely.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Vogel coached the Magic for two seasons. They missed the playoffs both seasons. Before that he coached the Pacers for six seasons. They missed the playoffs one season and in two other seasons they lost in the first round. They never won the Central Division during Vogel's tenure. The Lakers have now missed the playoffs for six consecutive seasons. Vogel will be a perfect fit.

Lakers reach agreement to hire Frank Vogel as coach

Lakers agree to hire Frank Vogel as coach and Jason Kidd as assistant