2010 Outback install

MtnBikerChk

Dec 15, 2009
I just pulled the trigger on a 2010 Subaru Outback and Crutchfield tells me that there is no install kit (yet) for my Alpine head unit and sirius tuner.

I really don't want to pay the $550 for the dealer installed unit so I'm open to suggestions! I also don't really want something on the windshield.

thoughts?

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Welcome to DRC!

I suggest that you get a mount that fits your car (you'd have to check if the 2009 mount will work) and get a Plug and Play unit.

I have the Stiletto 2 and I enjoy it.

There are many to choose from.

Have you tried anywhere else for the mounting kit for your Alpine?

MtnBikerChk

Dec 15, 2009
Welcome to DRC!

I suggest that you get a mount that fits your car (you'd have to check if the 2009 mount will work) and get a Plug and Play unit.

I have the Stiletto 2 and I enjoy it.

There are many to choose from.

Have you tried anywhere else for the mounting kit for your Alpine?

No, I haven't :(

We've had sirius for years and I used to have a starmate but I traded it for an in dash unit.

MtnBikerChk

Dec 15, 2009
THanks all. I was here years ago when it was the backstage forums..... I love TSS :)

I gotta admit I'm a little nervous doing the install without crutchfield's step by step instructions and tech support. I will definitely have pics to follow :) (I pick up the car tonight)

MtnBikerChk

Dec 15, 2009
:agree:
Sweet ride! My daughter, my brother and I are super jealous.

You should be! WOW ;)

ordered the radio install parts - should be here around Christmas!

MtnBikerChk

Dec 15, 2009
YAY! THANKS!!

Now I just can't bring myself to buy the $80 PAC Audio steering wheel control adapter. Oh well. I guess I can reach all the way over to change the station :)