2009 NCAA Tourney Pick'Em '09

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I love tournament time!
The tournament is not for another three weeks or so, but yahoo started, so we'll start too. Please join!

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/register/joinprivategroup

Group ID: 2359
password: siriusxm

Points per correct pick by round:
Round 1 - 1
Round 2 - 2
Round 3 - 4
Round 4 - 8
Semis - 16
Championship - 32

Once you've signed up, please post here to let us know. :cool:

Last edited:

Elwood

Dec 3, 2008
I can't remember the last time I was at work for the opening round on Thurs, Fri. - mandatory vacation.

builder_j

Dec 2, 2008
Kansas City, MO

[smacktalk]

It's official....everyone else is now playing for second place...the defending champion is back to defend the crown, and I'm not gonna just give it away...if you want it, you'll have to earn it!

[/smacktalk]

Thanks for setting this up guys...in under builder_j.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Not to diminish your win last year builder_j, but I didn't play. It's kind of like Texas' win last night over Oklahoma without Blake Griffin...not all that impressive.

I'm kidding. Just getting some early trash talk out there. I'm in under AJ II...can't wait!

Reactions: Aaron

builder_j

Dec 2, 2008
Kansas City, MO
Not to diminish your win last year builder_j, but I didn't play. It's kind of like Texas' win last night over Oklahoma without Blake Griffin...not all that impressive.

I'm kidding. Just getting some early trash talk out there. I'm in under AJ II...can't wait!

AJII - Just curious...in your opinion, was Kansas' win over Oklahoma equally unimpressive as Texas'?

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
AJII - Just curious...in your opinion, was Kansas' win over Oklahoma equally unimpressive as Texas'?

There was a little more merit with their win last night since it was in Norman. But still, Blake Griffin in all likelihood will be the Player of the Year...Oklahoma just is not the same team without him. Hopefully Kansas and Oklahoma meet up again in the Big XII Tourney so we can see them both play at full strength. I want to see Aldrich vs. Griffin.

sbv71

Oct 12, 2008
I'm in too! Thanks Aaron for setting this up. I LOVE March Madness!

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
It's already conference tourney time.

That Big East Tourney is gonna be crazy. UConn/Pitt today at 12:00...maybe a preview of the Championship Game?

The first team to earn an automatic berth into the Tournament...Cornell. The Ivy League is the only conference without its own tournament, so the regular season champ earns the bid. The Big Red clinched last night, their second in a row.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
don't forget about competing against siriusxm host and a chance to win 2 round-trip tickets to ny, hotel accommodations, a gift card and a chance sit in and participate on-air during mad dog unleashed.

Fantasy Home

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Ohio Valley - Morehead St.

Anyone watch that game yesterday against Austin Peay? I was switching back and forth between it and the Louisville game and was able to catch the end of regulation and both overtimes. It's official...March Madness is here.

The highlights - More For Morehead State - ESPN Video - ESPN

Some more good games today, most notably Purdue/Michigan State and Duke/North Carolina on CBS. Clemson and Wake Forest play too but I won't get that game here :(

Also on CBS today is the Missouri Valley Championship Game (Northern Iowa vs. Illinois State). And late night on ESPN2 are the semifinals of the West Coast Conference...Gonzaga/Santa Clara and St. Mary's/Portland.

ONE WEEK FROM TODAY....SELECTION SUNDAY!!!