2009 Corolla S Sirius install

johnnyc42

Dec 27, 2008
I cannot take credit for the knowledge behind this install. Most of the tips came from the old Siriusbackstage.com website. Your radio must be SAT ready with the AM-SAT button and fin for antenna. As previously mentioned, the dealer install cost $682.00; my cost from TSS with the TOY-SC1, SCC1 and SFA12M plus less than 1/2 hour of my time cost just over $210.00. A justifiable savings!
The radio harness is located in the trunk on the passenger side. I removed the 5 trim pins and remove the interior wall, as well as the floor for easy access. There are three plugs, the grey is your antenna, the smaller white and blue aren't needed. As you can see, I used the wire support to hold up the SFA12M, plugged it into the grey connector, then ran it through the pillar then under the rear sill . Same with the data harness. I mounted the receiver and tuner on the underside of the sill easy access to change the parameters and if you need to change the 2 amp fuse. All wires are neatly tucked away. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• wires connected.JPG
    wires connected.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 315
  • wires exiting pillar.JPG
    wires exiting pillar.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 274
  • wires run through support 2.JPG
    wires run through support 2.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 259
  • mounted under rear window sill.JPG
    mounted under rear window sill.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 281
  • finished product.JPG
    finished product.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 280

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Johnny thank you so much for posting the pictures. Can I ask one small favor that you post a pic of your sleek antenna? I bet a lot of people aren't aware that on some specific cars you can actually utilize the factory Satellite Antenna for the super clean install.

Thanks Again!

Nov 9, 2008
nj
Great job

Great job now its time to upgrade the speakers ! The magnets on those stock speakers are as big as quarters.Some nice pioneers or alpines would be cool..

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Nice. I too have a 09 Corolla and was wondering if I could do the install myself. Now I think I probably could Thanks.
One question, with the TOY-SC1, SCC1 and SFA12M from TSS you are now able to use your cars stock stereo correct??

I'm new to this install thing. ;)
Thanks.

GQuinn27

Jan 7, 2009
Can I make all connections in the truck or do I still have to make connections behind radio?

jimmymiko

Mar 8, 2009
Sfa12m

Don't bother spending the $60.00 :wah: for the antenna connection wire. You can just cut the antenna wires on the antenna that comes with the TOYSC1 and just cut off the connector in the trunk and splice the wires together. Anybody that can solder a wire can splice these wires together. One suggestion. Instead of trying to solder together the wires that are on the outside of the core wire (shielding or ground wire) just solder a jumper wire from one end of the shielding to the other wires shielding , this is much easier. Hope this help you save $60.00. :eek:

Last edited:

erock9174

Mar 17, 2009
Kinda off subject but curious what you guys are paying for your 2009 Corolla's ?
We priced one out. 2009 Corolla S. MSRP was $20,450. Dealer said they would do it for $17,700.
Does this sound like a good deal ?

I get X plan pricing with Ford and can get a Fusion SE with Sport Appearance package (18" wheels, Moonroof, Sync system) for $18500 including $3500 in current rebates. Seems like much more care for the money for $1000 more compared to the Corolla.

erock9174

Mar 17, 2009
Out of curiosity I am using a Sportster replay, If i bought the Lexus/Toyota shark fin adapter harness, could i connect that to my sporster somehow to use the factory antenna instead of my micro dot ?

Jul 26, 2009
Hi everyone first time poster here, I just purchased a 2010 corolla and I was wondering if everything in this post still applies to my corolla like where to find everything in the trunk.
Thanks for the replies

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
Hi everyone first time poster here, I just purchased a 2010 corolla and I was wondering if everything in this post still applies to my corolla like where to find everything in the trunk.
Thanks for the replies

It should, although I will let you know that since your car is newer, it is difficult for us to have up to date information on the vehicle you purchased. After doing a few google searches myself, it looks like your in good shape and should be in business just like the 09 corolla.

clbencemunns

Aug 19, 2009
2010 Corolla Answers

Another newbie here who found the information here invaluable, thought I would do a payback with pics from my new car.

We just bought a new 2010 Corolla S, satellite ready with the AM/SAT button. Purchased the TOYSC1 and SCC1 boxes online ($115 for both but the TOYSC1 was refurbished), and sent my husband out last night to set it all up. The wires are in the passenger side trunk under the panels, just like they are in the 2009's as posted here.

It's my first new car, and we were a little leery about cutting and splicing the sirius antenna into the factory XM antenna to utilize the roof mounted factory antenna. In the end though, it worked out great.

We installed the boxes between the speakers in the trunk, and spliced the sirius antenna into the factory XM roof mounted antenna. On a side note, rather than using the new sirius antenna provided with the SCC1, we utilized the old one I had from my Streamer plug-n-play (just so we had a backup plan in case this didn't work). Took a couple of hours, but mostly because I was bothering hubby about making sure we got this right (my bad!).

On another side note, if you haven't heard, Sirius (and XM, I think) can be had for $77 per year. Search fatwallet hot deals forum for info (I hope it's ok to post that?). I can verify it worked for me. I'm about a 4-5yr customer who's been paying full price on 2 radios, and I was real glad to get that!

So, I can verify that 2010 Corolla S models with AM/SAT button (sat ready) work the same way as a 2009. And $115 sure beats $600+ at the dealer!

Here are the pics:

Attachments

• 2010CorollaTrunkWires.jpg
    2010CorollaTrunkWires.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 75
  • BoxesInstalledInTrunk.jpg
    BoxesInstalledInTrunk.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 70
  • FinishedProduct.jpg
    FinishedProduct.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Srq_Platinum

Oct 11, 2009
Hello Guys

Johnny thank you so much for posting the pictures. Can I ask one small favor that you post a pic of your sleek antenna? I bet a lot of people aren't aware that on some specific cars you can actually utilize the factory Satellite Antenna for the super clean install.

Thanks Again!

Glad I found this site, the dealer wants 210 for the box and 1hr labor for install. I want to purchase this and install myself just need a little more guidance for the wires what I will see when I get it all opened up, What goes where? Is the plugs all there just to plug and play? Anything special I am looking for? Attaches to my existing shark fin antenna? I have a 2010 Sport. Anyone? Thanks,

Srq_Platinum

Oct 11, 2009
Sirius Lovers

I am starting to think its better to just have the cheaper version of your Sat Radio and install the unit in the glove box, too much work. I have the old sat radio that does not need the FM module, its transmits perfect and clear. I bet I could sell a brand new one I bought before they were banned for too much power from Circuit City as a replacement if that ever came to it.

Howie82

Nov 3, 2009
Help with the antenna

It's my first new car, and we were a little leery about cutting and splicing the sirius antenna into the factory XM antenna to utilize the roof mounted factory antenna. In the end though, it worked out great.

I've just installed Sirius into my 2010 Corolla as per the first post. It will cost me around $100 cdn for the connector cable so I decided to try the splicing method so I can use the factory XM antenna. I cut off the square plug and now want to splice the factory wire to my old Sirius antenna wire. How do I do this? It appears the factory wire is braided. I hope I haven't screwed this up already.
:confused:

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH

I've just installed Sirius into my 2010 Corolla as per the first post. It will cost me around $100 cdn for the connector cable so I decided to try the splicing method so I can use the factory XM antenna. I cut off the square plug and now want to splice the factory wire to my old Sirius antenna wire. How do I do this? It appears the factory wire is braided. I hope I haven't screwed this up already.
:confused:

Hopefully you're handy with a soldering iron, or have a friend that is. Satellite antenna wires are coaxial. You have to make sure that the shielding gets connected to the shielding, and the inner wire gets connected to the inner wire, without either wire touching. You have to get a bit creative, but it's do-able.

Howie82

Nov 3, 2009
2010 Corolla: Problems with power

I've installed a TOYSC1 and SCC1 into my factory radio as per the first post on this thread. The install was very easy but since the beginning has an annoyning problem. I hope this makes sense:

If I have the Sat radio on and I turn off the car, when I turn the car back on I able to continue with Sat.

If I'm listening to the Sat radio, switch to another source (radio, disk) then turn off the car, when I turn on the car again, the head unit doesn't recognize the Satalite Radio. No matter how many time I push the AM/Sat button, the Sat won't come up. All that can be accessed is AM.

The only way to get the Sat going is to open the trunk, disconnect and reconnect the rectangular connector and it works fine.

The SCC1 module came from another car and worked fine. Is the problem in the TOYSC1 or in Toyota's wiring harnass?

Has anyone else come across this and how was it fixed?
How