2009/2010 NBA Regular Season Thread

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Go Hornets!!

hornets-old-logo.png

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
It looks like this year we will get ALL the NBA games on XM just like we get all the NHL games. There will be gameson XM 241,243,244,and 245 this weekend accoring to my radio. However, these games in the 240s are not listed on the NBA play-by-play list on XM.com. So is my radio just teasing me? Playing a little Halloween trick? If so, then that's not a professional thing to do at all!

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Wow, the Thunder beat Detroit :scratch:

Didn't see that one coming.

Detroit is one of those teams that could go either way. Gordon and Villenueva are an improvement over Iverson.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I think OKC will challenge for the 8-seed this year. They've got a really good young core of players with Durant, Westbrook, Green, and Harden. They could be pretty good in a few years. They need a big man though.

I was just reading through this and found it pretty interesting - From uniforms to undergarments -- it's all covered in the Uni Watch NBA preview - ESPN

I'm looking forward to seeing the Rockets back in their ketchup and mustard colors from the championship years

3949739471_cf2cde7d05_o.png

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Aaron, this probably will interest you. Glen "Big Baby" Davis says he would like to play in the NFL one day. I'm sure Les Miles could have put him at fullback or something...

Glen Davis of Boston Celtics wants to try NFL when basketball career is over - ESPN Boston

Ed "Too Tall" Jones is probably the tallest good football player I can think of, and he was the same height as Big Baby, 6 ft 9 inches.

He is athletic enough where I suppose some teams would give him a chance.
He's off to an okay start as basketball careers go, but I don't see him becoming an NBA all-star either.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I think OKC will challenge for the 8-seed this year. They've got a really good young core of players with Durant, Westbrook, Green, and Harden. They could be pretty good in a few years. They need a big man though.

Not to mention OKC is one of the teams that's going to be flush with cash during the Lebron-a-palooza in Free Agency. Not that they would LAND someone like Lebron or Dwayne Wade, but a bigger name player is a possibility.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Local channels are reporting that Byron Scott has been fired as coach of the Hornets. Not off to a great start, but I'm not too crazy about this move. Who you gonna get midseason that's better?

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Not off to a great start, but I'm not too crazy about this move. Who you gonna get midseason that's better?

I'm partial to him because he coached here, but I think Jeff Van Gundy is a really good head coach. I think he's enjoying his life as a broadcaster right now though.

Avery Johnson took Dallas to the Finals...not sure if he'd be interested.

It's interesting that the Hornets are replacing the head coach Byron Scott with the general manager. I see they brought Tim Floyd in, maybe they'll give him the job eventually?

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I think L.A. is a weaker team this year with Artest than with Ariza. And someone (maybe the Nuggets?) is going to sneak up on them in the West. The way Denver manhandled the Lakers the last time makes me think I'm right.