2009-10-06 Diatribe

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Today, Ellis was on a rampage, screaming about how he should have more air time and how he's the future of Satrad.

I thought he was pretty righteous and spot on. He made excellent points on how Johnny Mosely (who?) doesn't take phone calls and that he's better than Bam and (probably) Tony Hawk.

Made me smile driving home from work....that sort of passion and drive is fucking inspiring. Ellismate is truly entertaining - he has that fire, that burning desire to be the best. And by god, he's getting there in my book...

Can I get a Red Dragons? Whu whaaaat?

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA

I love it.

While it is known that I don't listen to Ellis, I do like that sort of passion in people and find it usuallly pretty compelling stuff.

Even if people don't like Bubba, when he was bitching about the people at Sirius screwing him over when they were up in the air on contract negotiations--that was some compelling radio.

Same with Howard when he is on a tear, a rampage.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Today, Ellis was on a rampage, screaming about how he should have more air time and how he's the future of Satrad.

I missed that part of the show. What did he mean by more air time?

Does that mean he wants 5 hours a day instead of 4?

Does he want his own channel?

More replays?

More promotion?

All of the above?

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
You know, one thing I hate about Sirius is that they don't promote ANYTHING. I haven't even heard them promote the NFL this year.

They don't promote Howard, Bubba, Ellis, NFL, anything.

Eminem does 0 and Oprah, well, I would have no idea what she does because I have a dick and I like to have sex with women.

but a show like Howard could be promoted with some of the A listers he gets.

And Ellis seems to have such a growing cult like following--some press, ads, PR would be really nice.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I missed that part of the show. What did he mean by more air time?

Does that mean he wants 5 hours a day instead of 4?

Does he want his own channel?

More replays?

More promotion?

All of the above?

It was when he first came on.

And yes, he specifically mentioned that everyone else does 5 hours, so he should, too.

Yes, also, to more replays.

I didn't hear anything about his own channel. I think he knows he needs to build his audience up more before that.

And I didn't hear anything about more promotions, but that's not a bad idea.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Sirius-XM is dropping the ball by not embracing both Bubba and Ellis. Howard isn't going to be around for much longer and they're not developing talent for the future. Ellis and Bubba are both doing live shows and pushing to bring in listeners. Sirius should be taking advantage of that energy.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Sirius-XM is dropping the ball by not embracing both Bubba and Ellis. Howard isn't going to be around for much longer and they're not developing talent for the future. Ellis and Bubba are both doing live shows and pushing to bring in listeners. Sirius should be taking advantage of that energy.

I disagree, Martha and Oprah are both the future of satrad.

/doiley dragons?
//New Car Dragons?