2006 Peterbilt, receiver location question

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Install Bay' started by JSmitty, Feb 8, 2009.

1. JSmitty

JSmitty New Member

Hey gang, I have a 2006 Peterbilt flat top, and it has Sirius equipped from the factory, but I'm having an issue linking it. I'm thinking it's the antenna, but I can not seem to locate the receiver for it. Anybody have any earthly idea where the receiver would be located in the truck?

Thanks in advance

2. Sirius Rich

Sirius Rich Well-Known Member

Calling Semipenquin!!

Welcome to the DRC forum. We have a few truckers that will be stopping by here soon.

3. JSmitty

JSmitty New Member

Thank you for the welcome Rich. I've seen your name in a few sirius related places on the net ;)

By the way, I have tore the dash apart, all sides of it, and can not find the receiver.

I also changed out the Delphi stereo, theinking that maybe the receiver unit was built in, but the other stereo still displays the exact same SID, which tells me there is a receiver located external from the stereo.

4. semipenguin

semipenguin Cheeseburger Connoisseur

I would love to help, Rich, but I really don't know anything about flat top Peterbilts...:worried:

The only thing I can think of is to check any high place on the inside of the truck where an antenna might fit. I've heard that the antennas on Freightliners with condo sleepers will have the antennas on the inside...:shock:

Good Luck...:)

5. semipenguin

Never mind. I was thinking you were trying to find the antenna...:)

6. JSmitty

JSmitty New Member

The antenna is located at the center of the roof. I wonder if I take down the headliner, if the receiver would be located above it? You can see the antenna in the image below:

[​IMG]

7. JSmitty

JSmitty New Member

Well, I found the receiver. It was located in the door pillar, just behind the drivers left shoulder in the wall. It took an act of congress to get this info from a local Peterbilt dealership. After getting this info, 30 minutes later the Peterbilt factory called me and told me where it was at as well. They were replying to an email I sent them on Saturday.

8. semipenguin

That's good. Hope you can fix what you need to fix now...:)

9. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

I can't take a 5 minute drive without satellite radio. I would think this would really be a MUST for truck drivers. :peace:

10. semipenguin

You would be surprised how many truck drivers would get on the CB and say "I'm not paying to listen to radio"...:worried:

It took me a while before I got my first radio back in 2002. After that, I didn't want to go back to FM...:)

11. JSmitty

JSmitty New Member

Yeah, I hear all that. To verify that my antenna was bad, I took my single connector Sirius wilson antenna, and plugged it into the receiver (had to kinda force it in, lol), and it works great now. However, the receiver has 2 connectors, one for satellite and one for terrestrial, which I think they no longer use.

Works great now, so we ordered a new factory antenna yesterday.

semipenguin likes this.