2005 CR-V EX (MM's New Ride II)

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Well, I finally got my "new to me" car on Tuesday.

I installed my trusty JVC KD-AR960 from back in the day. I also installed my SL2 using my new Pro-Fit mount from TSS.

I was really excited to use the factory XM antenna. My car is pre-wired for XM. This means that there is no XM antenna. I had to look anyway. I thought I might be able to jam a Sirius antenna in the "dummy" antenna. No luck. So I just routed my Sirius antenna from the back to the front as usual.

Here are a few pics:

This one is for DAB, jef, Jon, rosco, and you other Apple lovers:

This is how the SL2 and JVC looks:

I do have another Aux input wire hidden for my iPod or Blackberry if I ever need it.

If you have any questions about the install, let me know.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Your gear selector is in a very goofy position....

Meh....

None-the-less, I have to figure out a good setup for my wife's new (to her) 07 Chevy Equinox for CPTMF's old XMP3 unit. This looks like a pretty good setup.

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Your gear selector is in a very goofy position....

I know it is. It is taking some getting used to.

None-the-less, I have to figure out a good setup for my wife's new (to her) 07 Chevy Equinox for CPTMF's old XMP3 unit. This looks like a pretty good setup.

You can try a VSM from TSS or proclipsusa.com. I used a proclip for my old Corolla and it worked out great.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I know it is. It is taking some getting used to.

You can try a VSM from TSS or proclipsusa.com. I used a proclip for my old Corolla and it worked out great.

Two things:

Doesn't MM stand for Michigan Made? And you have a Honda? Wtf? :drool:

And I'm looking at the VSMs. Thanks for the heads up!!! :churn: