2005 camry 'antenna' message

herbfell

Apr 12, 2012
I have a 2005 Camry that came with the Sirius radio installed. Has been reliable up till about 2 weeks ago.
I was getting a 'no signal' where I previously had no problems. Eventually, this became a constant, to where I had no signal for 3 and a half hours straight.
Then, the 'no signal' mesage started alternating with a mesage that said 'antenna'.

To say I don't have a clue would be an understatement!

There is a fairly large black plastic box attached to the top of the windshield, that sums up what I know about how it is set up. I don't even have a clue as to what is inside the box! Is this the 'workings' or the antenna or? Where is anything I could check located?

Can anyone help? Much appreciated.

Was this a factory setup or did you take it somewhere and get other parts installed?

Is the antenna factory, or is it something aftermarket? Are any of the antenna wires exposed?

If you can find model numbers on any of the parts, I may be able to guide you to an answer.

herbfell

Apr 12, 2012
Was this a factory setup or did you take it somewhere and get other parts installed?

Is the antenna factory, or is it something aftermarket? Are any of the antenna wires exposed?

If you can find model numbers on any of the parts, I may be able to guide you to an answer.

Mario, thanks so much! I was waiting to see a response in my email but one never came? Is it supposed to?
At any rate, I came here to see if anyone had replied, so I'm glad you have.

I'm not sure if it's factory or dealer installed? It was on a Camry xle when I bought it new in 2005. It was one of those deals with 9 months free?

At any rate, the only thing I know for sure is that there is about a 6" black plastic triangular box on the windshield, to the right of the rear view mirror near the headliner. I should be able to take a pic and post it here if that might help?
There is a sort of dot matrix looking area around it on the windshield itself, is this the antenna? I really don't have a clue. If you can give me any idea where to look for wires or whatever, I'd appreciate it.
As it is an on and off affair (I would say about 80% of the time it is off) I'm guessing a loose wire, but I don't even know where to begin looking. I'l check tomorrow to see if I can find a serial # on the black box? There's nothing apparent leading from the box, maybe it goes right inside the headliner moulding where I can't see it?
Sorry I'm not more help.
Again, thanks so much for replying.