2003 Monte Carlo - adding an "aux" input

kc2kth

Dec 27, 2009
Is anyone familiar with the PXGM24 device for adding an AUX input to a factory radio (AM/FM/single CD/no changer/no XM)? In my case I'm looking to add a connection to my 2003 Monte Carlo, but I'm not sure how to go about confirming that this is the correct adapter, and I'm not sure how complex the install is - which would be the deciding factor in whether I purchase or not. Anyone have a similar year, make, and model that has already tackled this? I'd like to add the input to connect my Starmate 5 since everyone raves about the sound compared to the FM extender antenna that comes with the kit.

thanks!

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
We have a couple of different kits that will work. One is the GM12-AUXV2 and the other is the PXGM24 Peripheral Auxiliary Audio input interface for GM Vehicle. Both will get you superior sound and will work with anything that has an audio out jack like the docking station for your starmate 5 or even the headphone jack of an MP3 player. The installation can sometimes be sort of complex so we always suggest you have it professionally installed.

kc2kth

Dec 27, 2009
Thanks for the input. Any further advice on selecting one over the other? Also, what would be a good selection for hardwiring the power? Again I see a couple of options on the site, but not sure how to select one over the other. If I'm going to have someone dig around in the dash, might as well do both!

kc2kth

Dec 27, 2009
Great, thanks again. In fact I already found a local shop to do the work and placed the order moments ago. I'll follow up once the work is done!