2 Free Months Anyone?

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by Master Fasmo, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Master Fasmo

Master Fasmo Member

So I called Sirius and complained about Cinemagic leaving and of course the artist only channels. It looks like E-street will be around for a while. They gave me 2 free months and said they would pass along this information. I’m sure it’s not going to do anything.

Maybe everyone should call and do the same. If they keep giving away 2 free months with the majority of people complaining about E-Street and the artist only channels something might change.

It’s worth a shot plus you will save $25.90.

ohhh yaaaaa.

2. tsave31

tsave31 Member

Plus Sirius may have to close its doors if everyone does it?

3. xan_user

xan_user Banned

Been doing that since April...

Given that programming has sunk to an all time low, it is now time to actually cancel my subs once and for all.:bigahh:

hank-the-dwarf likes this.
  4. GoodDog

GoodDog Well-Known Member

So weird...

Why complain about a channel like e street that you do not listen too? There are lots of channels in Sir that I never listen to. Should I start calling them to complain about so I too can get a 2 month credit?

5. Master Fasmo

Master Fasmo Member

Because in order to have this channel they had to cut a channel. It plays the same artist 24/7 …. I think that’s bad programming. It was just a suggestion if you don’t want 2 months free don’t call.

6. GoodDog

GoodDog Well-Known Member

e street bumped the bridge. sirius assigned the bridge to another channel so in effect e street is on its own channel now.

The draw of sat radio is the micture of different music and talk channels. If we all started complaining about channels we don't listen to it would ruin the service. After all, someone is enjoying the channel even if I don't.

And yes, I wouldn't call and complain about a non issue just to get 2 free months.

7. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

I don't condone complaining about channels you don't listen to JUST to get free service.

But at the same time, I think it's a legitimate complaint. I HATE single-artist channels and I think they should be removed. But that's because those channels waste bandwidth when they could be applied to better programming. You have to keep in mind that SIRIUS and XM only have 12.5 MHz each to work with.

8. leth

leth Member

:eek:fftopic:, but it's apparantly even less according to Wikipedia. The 12.5MHz is split into 3 "carriers" at 4MHz each. I believe each "carrier" contains the exact same signal and the reciver just picks whichever one is strongest at that moment.

Maybe it's just me, but I found the technology side of satellite radio to be the most interesting part :)

9. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

... and XM is split down by 2 MHz to 6 carriers (according to that article you posted).

Yeah, the technology behind satellite radio is fascinating. :)