10:34 Wrap Up Show?

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Holy balls! I just turned on H100 and TWUS is on at 10:34.

What time did THSS wrap up?

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
Technically, the show does end at 10:00, so Howard could get up and walk out then and be completely within his contract. Anything after 10:00 is gravy.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
They've been hitting that end time for rougly 2 weeks now I think.

yea it blows!!! i just listened to mondays show and stern and robin were talkin about getting out "on time." they were all happy and art chimed in about how he was playing hoops by 11am one day. now i have grown to love the wrap up show, but its no stern, not even fuckin close. hopefully this does not become too much of a trend.

i think stern may be doing this shit for contract shit. what i mean is i think stern will stay in a year and a half but the show may be shorter and they may cut back another day or two. this may be howard trying out that shit and seeing how it goes.

whatever though, i try not to let it piss me off anymore. stern takes a ton of vacation and is ending the show earlier. it sucks but the man is 55 and has made all the cash he needs. he should be retired already but like what he does too much. im just happy we still get 4 to 5 hours per show. so long as stern is on the radio for any length of time at all, i will be happily sitting by my radio listening!

-jhdk

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
They should air Stern live once and day and get some other personalities on the two channels.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
They should air Stern live once and day and get some other personalities on the two channels.

nah. im a fan of the day long repeats on h100. i normally just record the whole show, but i use it on days when im in and out of the car a lot.

it would be nice if they would add and overnight guy on H101 though. now there is very little fresh programming on thats sirius exclusive overnight. i find that i tune into the mad dogs channel if im in the car at like 3am and i dont like whats on H101. thats the only place to get fresh shit at such an hour.

-jhdk

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
If it ends at 10 then what show is playing between 10 and TWUS? :confused:

The Stern Show is contracted to end at 10 AM ET. The WUS starts whenever the plugs at the end of the Stern Show end.

We were gifted in 2006 when the Stern Show would go past 11, but really, was the show EVER like that? I've been listening since 1998 and I only remember a few handful of shows that would end after 10:45 AM ET.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
nah. im a fan of the day long repeats on h100. i normally just record the whole show, but i use it on days when im in and out of the car a lot.

it would be nice if they would add and overnight guy on H101 though. now there is very little fresh programming on thats sirius exclusive overnight. i find that i tune into the mad dogs channel if im in the car at like 3am and i dont like whats on H101. thats the only place to get fresh shit at such an hour.

-jhdk

I suggested once that they re-air classic Bubba Sirius shows (2006-2008) from 1 AM ET to 5 AM ET.

I'm sure there's stuff that people missed, and there's a lot of stuff worth re-listening to.

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
Technically, the show does end at 10:00, so Howard could get up and walk out then and be completely within his contract. Anything after 10:00 is gravy.
When ever they do a promo for the wrap up show they still say its on at 11 or as close as they can get. Why would the schedule the WUS for 11 if the show is over at 10 ?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
When ever they do a promo for the wrap up show they still say its on at 11 or as close as they can get. Why would the schedule the WUS for 11 if the show is over at 10 ?

Yeah, that's an interesting question.

The Stern Show is scheduled to end at 10.
The WUS is scheduled to start at 11.

Obviously, the 10 AM ET hour doesn't get much attention. What is it, "Stern Show Overtime?"

It was the same way on FM radio. Most websites listed Howard as being from 6-10, even though he started earlier (and still does), and ran long. Most of whatever they aired after Howard would either be something like "10-2" or "After Howard."

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008

good question, anybody know the answer? You mean Howards contract is actually to 11, and we are getting shorthanded?
popcorn.jpg

It was the same way on FM radio. Most websites listed Howard as being from 6-10, even though he started earlier (and still does

:confused: My recording starts at 6am m-thr, and I actually have FFW a bit to when the show starts. Unless you consider freds buffers as the start of the show, which i don't

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
:confused: My recording starts at 6am m-thr, and I actually have FFW a bit to when the show starts. Unless you consider freds buffers as the start of the show, which i don't

Heh, I suppose it all counts as how you look at it.

Usually American Nightmare starts up right about 6. Maybe it's 5:59 one day and 6:01 the next. Howard usually lets the opening notes play, or sometimes the song will play a little longer. It's never an accurate science.

A lot of it is also how long the "live in Howard's studio" song is. Speaking of which, whoever mixes that stuff together is GOOD. Sometimes we'll hear Great American Nightmare start during the previous song's applause, and sometimes we'll hear the (is it a gag noise?)

I've also heard Howard come live during the opening song in at least on Sirius show. Sometimes he'll start talking during the "breathing" bits of American Nightmare. And once in a while, we'll hear the second verse.

For me, the show starts with the opening bits and ends with the final notes of Tortured Man. Why rob myself of extra show, even if it is just pre-recorded bits? Some people consider the end of the show as the start of the news, some people consider the end of the show with "and that's what's happening" and other people consider Fred's plugs to be the end of the show.

It's all how you look at it. No one's wrong, but why rob yourself of the few extra minutes?

How many other radio or TV shows go live before their scheduled start time and run long? (Other than live sports, which always run long?)