1-9-06 now airing on Howard 101

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Anyone listening?? I'm 99% sure did cut off a few seconds of the farting intro, but nothing huge.

Howard: "How fucking great is this?" :D

Artie: "There are two types of guys. Guys who don't mind getting fucked in the ass, and guys who are scared of it."

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Artie: "There are two types of guys. Guys who don't mind getting fucked in the ass, and guys who are scared of it."

"Oh Myyyyyy"

I just started about half an hour ago - slept in today :D

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
WTF is up with "One 9 O 6" on the PDT?

Pretty cool though. Haven't we been asking for this for a while now?

EDIT: I'm listening now and it's amazing how different they sound even from then and now. I'm strictly talking about the techical aspect, not content. Did Howard REALLY amp up the compression?

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
WTF is up with "One 9 O 6" on the PDT?

Pretty cool though. Haven't we been asking for this for a while now?

EDIT: I'm listening now and it's amazing how different they sound even from then and now. I'm strictly talking about the techical aspect, not content. Did Howard REALLY amp up the compression?

One 9 O 6. Perhaps the way it's said? Then again, why not nine?

I'm not noticing a difference. Perhaps there's a difference in quality from 2005/06 Sirius radios to 2009/2010 Sirius (or XM) radios? Compare something like the Sportster Replay to the SL2 (with or without premium internet.) Maybe something like the Sportster #X to the MiRGE? .... you get the point.

It's kind of sad, in a way, to hear the content differences. They just mentioned you could hear Bubba live today (Monday) at 4 PM ET. :(

Howard: "Artie, you can come and go as you please." After saying that, does Howard have any lottery numbers?

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Someone just called in and said they didn't want to leave their car to go in the house, as that would mean missing the show.

XM had a portable then that actually got satellite reception. I suppose you could listen to Howard now on that same XM radio.

Artie: "When I told you I was going away." Spooky.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Does anyone else think Penny Crone sounds like the female Ronnie Mund?

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
They were talking about commercial breaks and I heard the familiar fart sound effect. (Conspiracy_ON?)

Howard: "Don't be afraid to take negative phone calls."

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
This is hard to listen to. What enthusiasm Howard and the rest of the cast had!!!

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
This is hard to listen to. What enthusiasm Howard and the rest of the cast had!!!

Yeah, I know. I curse myself for zoning out during that fart moment. I don't blame them for censoring out former advertisers, though.

I think it's a combination of a lot of things. Tim (and other "higher ups") putting the kibosh on various things, Howard getting tired of doing mornings, the tapes team being lazy/small/whatever, and more.

Imagine what Bubba could be without censorship from Sirius. Phone the puss, shock the balls, torture rack, poprock the puss. It seems like a ton of his stuff from 2006 is banned.

I'd like to see the following:
Sirius charging $8 or $9 a month for a "man package" :jj: consisting of O&A, Ellis, Howard 100/101.
Free basic online listening. (Bring back the 32K.)
Better portable radios that can actually have current channel lineups
Howard working afternoons. If he only needs to work 3 days a week, I think the fans would accept this...IF it meant he was fired up and the tapes team wasn't so lazy. I think after so many years, he's just burned out on waking up so early.
Bubba working full time and mornings. Ellis could do a 4-8 ET shift with Ferrall staying as-is.

Of course, this will never happen.

"To get your fat...bald ass..back on satellite radio...Howard 101."

WHAT IN THE HELL HAPPENED? :(

They could probably give Tom Taylor five million a year to talk whatever and more people would listen to him than would Martha and Oprah combined!

Too bad the Pests and Bubba Army can't do a combined forces on those two.

Last edited:

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Are they running the whole show again today? Missed most of it.

Does anyone remember the heartbeat effect that ran the weekend before they went live??

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Are they running the whole show again today? Missed most of it.

Does anyone remember the heartbeat effect that ran the weekend before they went live??

Yup. It should be the whole show. I have no idea if they'll include the "Post-Show Wrap Up" or not. I'm sure someone will have it available since Howard refuses to sell it. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that heartbeat was creepy.

I wish they'd replay those test shows as well as the other stuff.

Howard talking about King Kong, a "big giant ape." LOL! Those news clips about that movie were hysterical, talking about "if everything was proportionate, King Kong would have a king kong ding dong."

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Hehe, yea these are great memories. It's bittersweet hearing Art after nothing for a month. I think I'm going to really miss him this year. :(

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
1-17-06 from MarksFriggin.

MarksFriggin.com - Stern Show News - Archive
There are a couple of people who think that just because they're paying for the show, they can demand that he do things the way they want. It's not a telethon where he has to win people over. He needs people to buy a subscription, but not really, because it doesn't effect him. He's going to get paid either way.

Ouch.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
The first six months were just them figuring out how to do the show on satellite, and taking suggestions from the audience as to how they wanted the channels to sound. Remember the one hour newscasts that ran twice a day? Or just 2 replays daily? All that stuff changed because the listeners wanted it.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Yup. It should be the whole show. I have no idea if they'll include the "Post-Show Wrap Up" or not. I'm sure someone will have it available since Howard refuses to sell it. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that heartbeat was creepy.

I wish they'd replay those test shows as well as the other stuff.

Howard talking about King Kong, a "big giant ape." LOL! Those news clips about that movie were hysterical, talking about "if everything was proportionate, King Kong would have a king kong ding dong."

richard said it was his biggest complaint about the movie, he wanted to see King Kong's wang. I don't remember if it was on the first Sirius show, I thought it predated Sirius.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Or just 2 replays daily? All that stuff changed because the listeners wanted it.

The replays all day are great. It's a bit weirder having one of the replays start at approximately 5:30 (or whenever the hell it is), but it's still good. Personally, I wouldn't mind some sort of "Howard in prime time" starting at 7 or 8, but no matter what they do, they'll get about 2500 people bitching.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
richard said it was his biggest complaint about the movie, he wanted to see King Kong's wang. I don't remember if it was on the first Sirius show, I thought it predated Sirius.

All I remember is hearing about king kong's ding dong. Seeing as Howard's terrestrial show left my area in September, it seems like a Sirius thing.

...besides, Tom would have NEVER let talk about monkey penis air on FM.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
The movie came out in 2005 at Christmas, at which point the Stern show was going into break with all of the 'last of dying breed' shit. It's very close. I thought they were at a preview.