06-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by shabadoo25
Things I didn't like about about using the SL2 as an ipod:
1. Putting songs on with the MSS software.
2. No playlists for MP3s.
3. It's not loud enough.
Originally Posted by down4six
1. I don't use MSS, it is pretty much brickware to me, I just plug the card in directly to the computer and copy from there.
2. I thought there was a way to do playlists, but maybe it was just through MSS.
3. I never had a problem, but then again my docks are all hardwired into the radios in my truck and in the garage.
1. I do the computer and the card too.
2. You can do a playlist but it takes lots of care and tricks and requires MSS. If you ever RESET + ERASE or do a Device Recovery, all your playlists would be lost and you would have to start again (playlists are stored in main memory not on the card).
3. I never had the issue either although there is no volume equalization. Some are quieter than others and that can be annoying when playing back a sequence or shuffle.
XM subscriber since 2005/12/05:
- Pioneer Airware (LIFE, wife)
- Tao (son)
- OnyX (daughter)
- Pontiac G5 (XM Canada)
Sirius subscriber since 2007/12/06:
Creative Labs 32Gb Zen owner since 2009/02/02
- Stilletto 2 (LIFE)
- Premium Internet
Slacker Plus subscriber since 2010/01/15
Apple Black iPhone4 32Gb (iOS 5.1.1) owner 2010/08/16 --> 2012/08/25
Apple Black iPhone5 64Gb (iOS 6.1.3) owner since 2012/10/03
Apple White iPhone5 32Gb (WIFE) owner since 2012/12/14