Originally Posted by DAB
Don't copy the songs to microSD card. Only put them in your playlist then drag the playlist to the microSD card. It will not duplicate the songs. My instructions work to a T. I've done it many, many times.
It sounds like you are syncing them and then adding them to a playlist and drop it so it copies them all again.
So, you can't sync the songs and then sync the playlist. You only sync the playlist and it will copy the songs. If you songs are in your sync list remove them. It should only show the playlist.
I appreciate your patience. I'm usually pretty savvy with this stuff, but I still can't get it to work. Here is exactly what I'm doing - please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks!
1. Opening Windows Media Player 11
2. At the top left corner of the screen, I click on "Create Playlist" - I do and name it "forum test"
3. I then click on "Library" >> "Songs"
4. I pick two songs from the Library (which are also on my expansion card) and drag them to the "forum test" playlist.
5. I then drag the "forum test" playlist to "Stiletto 2 - Expansion Card"
6. "forum test" then appears in the sync list column on the right side of Media Player. As it adds to the sync list, it shows that my available disk space on my Stiletto 2 - Expansion Card decreases by 4 or 5 MB - the space needed for the two songs in my playlist.
7. Only "forum test" shows up in the sync list. I hit "Start Sync" and it copies the playlist AND an additional copy of the two songs to my expansion card
8. Playlist works great, but I now have two copies of both the songs that were in the playlist.
What am I doing wrong?
Again - thanks for the patience and helping me figure this out.